+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have no problem with letting people know what I'd like as a gift. My mother in law used to ask us for Christmas lists every year but she NEVER, EVER gave any of us anything that was on the list. I honestly think that she wanted the list so she didn't accidentally get one of us something that we might actually like! I always tell my husband what I want for my birthday and our anniversary. We've stopped giving each other Christmas gifts. We both enjoy spending the money on the grandkids and watching them enjoy the holiday.
    just1paul and PGM35 like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know I've already said it before. I really enjoy giving MYSELF a gift, or two! You would not believe what I want right now....white slouch socks!!!!
    Ellen and Miss Scarlet like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A lot of young people keep wishlists on their pinterest accounts. I find that helpful.
    You can do it!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

A couple people may be pleased to hear that after two days, I went completely downhill.

But I'm still trying to keep a positive attitude.

So I win the battle of myself.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    A couple people may be pleased to hear that after two days, I went completely downhill.

Good for you. Our struggles to reach goals rarely have a straight upward trajectory. Most people will experience setbacks. Strength likes in picking yourself up and keeping going (which you did).

If you haven't already, analyze why you went downhill and how you can better respond should the same situation happen again.

Yes, you won the battle of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

I really don't think people relish that you went downhill. Not on here anyway. What i would like to see is you finding out why you nosedive so often. Finding out a solution to what is going on in your life that keeps you out of sorts. Therapy is a start or of you are doing that keeping it up and maybe shutting the things that irritate you off and begin to reflect on what is going on inside of you and working on fixing it. I am glad you got back up and had a positive attitude that is a start.
    Lizard likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

What's that saying....We wouldn't be so worried about what other people think of us if we knew how seldom they did. Everyone has their own troubles that they're dealing with and thinking about.
    prhoshay, Ellen, waywyrd and 9 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There's also one about how we have no idea how others really view us or any control over it. You may remind someone of great Aunt Millie, whom they adore while someone else can only focus on that mole on your right cheek, or your accent. Others' perceptions of us are totally filtered through their experiences and we have no way of knowing what those are. I have middle school students who dislike me simply because I am a teacher with not a care of who I am.
    prhoshay, Ellen and Critical like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have come to be able to discern what is THEIR problem and what us MINE. I've got my hands full with my own. Personally, I vote to keep it moving!
    Ellen, just1paul, Lizard and 3 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    What's that saying....We wouldn't be so worried about what other people think of us if we knew how seldom they did. Everyone has their own troubles that they're dealing with and thinking about.
    I like this saying a lot. I try to remember it when I'm stressing over matters that I shouldn't stressing about so much.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread