+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thank you to all our veterans and active-duty members of the Armed Forces who have sacrificed so much to protect our freedoms.

VeteransDayHonorThanks.jpg

And may I add my thanks also, for the many sacrifices the men and ladies of the armed forces have made for this country. Freedom isn't free. Thank you!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The last time I saw my doctor, we off onto the discussion of our children. She is the mother of 2, the eldest being an 18 year old boy and said that they had just taken their last family vacation together. Of course, I had to ask why se thought that.....she said her son wants to be a PRIEST. My jaw actually dropped. While I know it's an idea for some, I've never known anyone to make that decision. She was in awe, too. She has exposed him to college life, and says he doesn't have any trouble with the ladies, but this is still the path he thinks he wants to follow. She says he is such a good person. This is something that you just don't hear about boys doing these days. Even having been raised Catholic, this just throws me. Maybe because all of the priests I can remember seeing, throughout my life, have been middle-aged to elderly men. I guess they came from somewhere, and were all so much younger at some point.

I am blown away.
    I have a 2nd cousin who is a priest and he goes out and visits his mom and siblings all the time and takes vacations as well as attends family functions and weddings / dances and the like. He continued to live although he is a priest. He wasn't in prison or anything.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know that I didn't ask enough questions, but we were there for an appointment and the next person was waiting. I don't know what order he wants to join.

Here's something bothersome for me. She is from the Phillipines; just visited there last summer, and still has family there. I am concerned. I'm hoping we won't lose her, but if we do, I would definitely understand.

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** **

Veteran's Day came front and center for me when I came across a man, posted at the bottom of the expressway ramp, who was yelling for people to "give a veteran some money." No sign, no nothing. Life sure is strange.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What do you think about having a Christmas list, on hand, to make sure you will get something that you want and NOT get stuck with what somebody THINKS you might like?

I am over having to pretend, and getting stuck with junk that I have every intention of regifting. I am over pointless junk, unless it's from a child, doing their best. I don't even want THINGS from my son....I prefer to tell him what he can do for me, instead. One year, I had him shampooing my carpets.

I hate to see people waste their money.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What do you think about having a Christmas list, on hand, to make sure you will get something that you want and NOT get stuck with what somebody THINKS you might like?

I am over having to pretend, and getting stuck with junk that I have every intention of regifting. I am over pointless junk, unless it's from a child, doing their best. I don't even want THINGS from my son....I prefer to tell him what he can do for me, instead. One year, I had him shampooing my carpets.

I hate to see people waste their money.
    Right there with you prhoshay. I tell my people what to get me. I also ask my bunch what they want. My daughter and sister wanted cookwear this year so that is what they are getting and the son in law wants a food processor and blender and that is what he is getting. The kids make a list and we choose from that.
    prhoshay likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I don't think that's so wrong. My mom and dad tell us what they want. They have too many "things" ie junk that the "kids" waste money on that they don't need or want. Yes, it's the thought that counts but what are they going to do with all their stuff in the end. Nothing. They'd rather have things they can USE or things people can do for them or let's face it, money to get prescriptions or groceries with.
    prhoshay likes this.

Some people have acted appalled when I said I make a list! (Whatever you do.....don't ask me if I care!)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

amazon.com has a wishlist function, and the beauty is that you don't have to buy the product from amazon.com! I have a little icon on my Firefox toolbar. If I see ANYTHING I want online, I just click that icon and whatever I'm looking at is saved to my wishlist. I even put a ziplining expedition on the list at one point!

Then you just tell everyone you have the wishlist out there, and they just need to know your name or e-mail address (I forget which), and they can look at it.

I've told my husband to be sure our kids are aware of it . . . in case they want to know what I want.
    PGM35 likes this.

My Amazon wishlist is so full it's regurgitating.
    PGM35 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread