+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4542Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The tool I don't understand is a leaf blower. I don't find it that hard to use a rake or a broom. (The one application I think a leaf blower would be useful for is blowing leaves off of rocks.)

But the leaf blower is instant gratification - poof, you're done. Sometime I wish I had something similar for indoors, just to corral all the mess at once. We don't often use ours for leaves, but it's great for blowing grass off the mower (the machine and the person riding it).
    just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    Life is short ~ smile while you still have teeth.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    But the leaf blower is instant gratification - poof, you're done. Sometime I wish I had something similar for indoors, just to corral all the mess at once. We don't often use ours for leaves, but it's great for blowing grass off the mower (the machine and the person riding it).
    Just use your vacuum cleaner's blow function! Your post brought to mind seeing a woman on a talk show (30 or 40 years ago - yikes!) who had designed/built her house for easy cleaning. The kitchen and bathrooms had cement floors with drains so she could just hose them down.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't mind people using power tools, mowing, or vacuuming Sunday afternoon but I do mind them using them late at night/early morning. Have some consideration for your neighbors and stop working on your new deck or your car at 10 PM and don't get a jump on things 6 AM the next morning. Let your hard-working neighbors sleep in at least until 9 AM!

When my neighbor moved into the unit above me, he was using his power tools until 1 AM or later. I had to complain a number of times. I was willing to let him go to 10 PM or midnight at the latest but anything beyond that was too much.
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    It was also good , to blow the leaves off the bark chips !
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Hello y'all....this is a first for me. I have never checked out the FORT Koffee Klatch, I am usually on Fun & Games. I would like to wish all of the men and women of our Armed Forces a wonderful Veteran's Day tomorrow. I thank them all for their service to us and our country. I am the wife of a former Marine and the daughter of a former Army Sgt. I am extremely proud of them and just wanted to thank all veterans. Have a great day!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Every year, our church has active duty servicemen and veterans stand up for a moment and everyone gives them a round of applause. I'm always so proud of my hubby when they do that!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Veterans and active duty members will receive a free meal tomorrow at participating Chili's and Applebee restaurants. Check their websites for more info.
    Lizard and nanaslbkp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Veterans and active duty members will receive a free meal tomorrow at participating Chili's and Applebee restaurants. Check their websites for more info.
    That's a great thing for them to do!
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

It is a wonderful thing they do...Golden Corral does it also....but there are SO many vets in our area (outside Atlanta) that it is about a 2 hour wait in line..in the cold. My husband is usually over it when he sees that line..
    Photobabe likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

+ Reply to Thread