+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It depends on the order as regards rules about vacation, travel, family leave, etc. Some are old-school strict; others are more "real world" progressive-ish.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    JohnnyK that was a lovely post. I do want to take issue with one comment you made. "I am not prejudice and I have found that nothing makes me angrier than others that are that. Hence on what I believe regarding the "country cult"." I know you do not like country music. I don't like it either. But, just because someone is a fan of country music does not make them prejudiced. I know quite a few country fans. Yes, a few of them may have some prejudice but most of them are anything but. Like every other music fan of any music genre some are wonderful people and others are real SOB's. Most fall somewhere in between. In fact, country music fans have only 2 things in common. 1. Their awful taste in music (our opinion) and 2. A tendency to cast a lot of votes on music competition shows.
    I know, but like I said before, the country cult have a specific definition.. not just any country fan.

If people do not appreciate my kindness, then they do not deserve the positivity from me.

It's day 2 of me trying to be a new person. So far I think I am handling this well.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If people do not appreciate my kindness, then they do not deserve the positivity from me.

It's day 2 of me trying to be a new person. So far I think I am handling this well.
    One thing I don't want you to change: Your birthday countdown. I miss it. I've been counting down with you waiting patiently to wish you HB.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

It's on the 20th.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

JohnnyK, it's hard to know what someone's really like through a message board, but it's easy to tell from your posts that your intelligent, articulate, and write well.

From what you've said here and there about various problems with people, I've wondered if your social intelligence is low. There are a lot of kinds of intelligence. Some people are high in spatial ability - they can manipulate 3-dimensional objects in their heads. Other people are high in linquistic intelligence, etc.

My husband was/is low on social intelligence. He used to tell me he was raised by wolves! I think some social intelligence is genetic; part is learned. My husband has gotten better at social things over the years. Part of the improvement, I think, was me pointing things out to him that made other people uncomfortable, and part of it was him finally figuring some things out on his own. People high on social intelligence either know this stuff innately, or they are quicker than most people at interpreting social cues so that they know when they are invading someone's personal space, making inappropriate eye contact, monopolizing a conversation, etc.

From your post, it sounds like you've really thought about your problems and shortcomings. Good for you for wanting to change. Change is often not easy, but you can develop new habits, new ways of thinking about things, and new ways of responding to things.
    inthegarden and JohnnyK like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone else seen that Walmart commercial where they say "Over 400 people promoted every day,"? What are they up to now?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have not seen it, but it sounds like they want you to consider a "career" at Walmart.
    Count your blessings!

Maybe.

Definite image concerns.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but there is just something hugely wrong and obnoxious about power lawn tools, for hours, being used on a Sunday afternoon. As usual, it's an idiot man.

Just like they love overly-loud music, bumping and thumping.....they love noisy power tools.

+ Reply to Thread