+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6520Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have another job interview next week! This one is in my same department, just in another building. It doesn't pay as much as the state court job I interviewed for this week. In fact, I think it pays about what I'm earning now. However, perhaps there's more possibility for advancement there than at my current job.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I got to see Elton John in concert way back when and it was absolutely electrifying. He did multiple encores. Never thought I would get excited and scream at one but I did at his.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I have another job interview next week! This one is in my same department, just in another building. It doesn't pay as much as the state court job I interviewed for this week. In fact, I think it pays about what I'm earning now. However, perhaps there's more possibility for advancement there than at my current job.
    It's always good to have options and choices. Best of luck to you...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

pikachu - How funny - I saw Huey Lewis & The News with my parents! It was my first concert ever!

ETA: Good Luck with the job interview.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I got to see Elton John in concert way back when and it was absolutely electrifying. He did multiple encores. Never thought I would get excited and scream at one but I did at his.
    I loved his concert, and he was non stop!
    nennie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    OH YES! I've seen Elton in concert at least 5 times and each time he played and sang his heart out! You could tell this guy was not performing for the money, but the love of the music. You can't fake that kind of thing. He played like it was the last show he would ever do....EVERY time it was that way. It was worth every penny and more. I'm not sure if he still does it like that. The last time I saw him was in the early 2000's.
    ClosetRTWatcher and nennie like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so bored, and anxious for the 3-day weekend to begin!

I noticed that our department intranet site had pictures up of special events so, since I had nothing better to do, I went looking for pictures of me or Mark (the guy I met) on the 5K walk. I remembered he had a yellow shirt on that day. I saw a picture that looked like him but the guy had a different colored shirt on. After I finished looking and closed the web page, I realized the pictures were for the event BEFORE the Safety Fair, where we did the 5K walk. These pictures were from the FSECC event, when our office had a BBQ cookoff. I went back to the picture and zoomed in to see the person's security badge and sure enough, it was Mark!

I did go to the BBQ but I just walked around to see what every place was offering and took a few samples with me to eat at home while I was at lunch. If I had stayed, I might have met Mark then.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't think I've ever been to an actual concert, and clearly, I didn't plan to start now.

I've been to orchestras and musicals with my classes back in the day. And our school sometimes welcomed special guests.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I don't think I've ever been to an actual concert, and clearly, I didn't plan to start now.

I've been to orchestras and musicals with my classes back in the day. And our school sometimes welcomed special guests.
    Those count as concerts.
    At least, in my world they count as concerts.
    Last month, I went to a student concert -- a fundraiser for an organization that some of my "tutees" are involved in, and a "cheap date night" for hubby and me. Tickets were only 10 bucks. But the talent and entertainment value? Really, better than some of the big professional concerts I've attended.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Hey Johnny,
    You might want to give concerts a chance. The posts upthead got me to thinking about my concert history. OMG. I wrote out a list of the ones I have attended over the years. It's unreal! I would post it, but I think it might be too large. There are so many artists I have seen!

However, it was FUN! I had such great times at those concerts. We normally went with friends and had refreshments before the show. Sometimes we would sit on the lawn for the show other times we would be down front, but we always had such fun, talking, laughing, dancing, singing, just loving the show and making great memories.

It was money well spent and I don't regret it. My most recent concert was this past summer and with Robert Plant.

+ Reply to Thread