+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6163Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It was my first real rock concert too! I had seen the Osmond family in concert a few times before when they perfomed at amusement parks, but it was my first REAL rock concert.

Our seats were on the field, (venue was Reynolds Collisium) so I was using the portapotty when I heard Mick start "Start Me UP!" I flew out of that thing! They actually started early. I ran out zipping up. lol We danced the entire thing. Those guys wore me out and I was in my 20's at the time! Very memorable.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

I would love to see the Stones perform. My favorites so far have been The Boss (Bruce Springsteen), and Bryan Adams. The Boss performed 3 hours straight...no breaks of any kind. I thought that was beyond amazing for his age, and all. His stamina was absolutely phenomenal. He sang his heart out. Bryan Adams played at a little venue which was a great intimate setting. We had tickets for the very front row on that one, and it was awesome. At the end of his show for his last song, he invited everyone up to stand beside the edge of the stage with himself standing on stage. That was a show never to be forgotten.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    LOVE IT! I will always believe in Santa.
    Last year I rented all the "Santa Clause" movies with Tim Allen & watched them in a marathon. I had seen them all before & loved them all.
    The idea was much better in theory than in practice.
    By the end of the marathon, I was sick to death of the whole series. It was definitely way too much of a good thing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I would love to see the Stones perform. My favorites so far have been The Boss (Bruce Springsteen), and Bryan Adams. The Boss performed 3 hours straight...no breaks of any kind. I thought that was beyond amazing for his age, and all. His stamina was absolutely phenomenal. He sang his heart out. Bryan Adams played at a little venue which was a great intimate setting. We had tickets for the very front row on that one, and it was awesome. At the end of his show for his last song, he invited everyone up to stand beside the edge of the stage with himself standing on stage. That was a show never to be forgotten.
    We have seen the Stones twice- both times we had great seats( more luck than money) and both concerts were terrific. I would love to see The Boss
    angelic_one2002 and Ellen like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The best concert I ever saw was U2 on their PopMart tour.

Bryan Adams in a small venue sounds great! I've always enjoyed him. I wish I could have seen Prince back in the day. I saw Madonna last year and she was worth every penny.

Christmas Movies - Scrooged with Bill Murray!!!!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Hey, MiaT2, I saw Prince back in the day! That was the first concert I went to. I believe it was 1985. I remember Sheila E. was there. I liked Prince alright then but wasn't as huge of a fan of him as my sister was. I went to the concert with her mostly to get out of going on vacation with my parents. I was in my teens and at that age where the last thing I wanted to do was hang around my parents.

I've also seen Lisa Lisa, Expose, the Little River Band, Bertie Higgins, and the Americal Idol season 6 tour. I don't go to many concerts.

I would like to have seen Chicago, Journey, Def Leppard, Smash Mouth,and Huey Lewis & the News in concert but I didn't have the money to go when they were in my area. Bryan Adams would be a great concert, too! I love his music.

My first concert, other than classical/symphony stuff, was Elvis (with my parents -- huge fans!) in 1972, I think, when he performed in Milwaukee.

Between my high school/college/early 20s years, I saw Chicago, Heart, ELP, Donna Summer, Prince, Boy George & the Culture Club, Billy Idol. Good times!
    pikachu likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Pikachu - I saw Journey a few years ago at an outside venue. They were really good. I would have LOVED to have seen them when Steve Perry was still lead singer, but Arnel Pineda was good. We've also seen Foreigner. They were excellent! We've seen Aerosmith, and Bon Jovi as well. Aerosmith was a great show, because he performed nearly every hit he's made. Our seats for that show were off to the side, but we still had a pretty decent view of them. The best part of that particular show was when Steve Tyler came out in the foggy misty air, and was sitting on that white piano playing, 'Dream On'. The crowd went crazy! I always told my DH I wanted to see Aerosmith in concert, and glad we did.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 11-08-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Ellen and pikachu like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

My concerts read like a Who's Who of the 70's.

The first was Blood Sweat & Tears, I believe during David Clayton Thomas' 2nd run with the band. I was barely in High School & my parents let me go but were afraid to. It worked out fine, so they were OK with more.
    Then came, not necessarily in order:
    James Taylor
    Led Zeppelin
    Def Leppard
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Lynyrd Sknyrd - right before the plane crash that killed some of them.
    The Who - right before Keith Moon died. Are you starting to see a pattern here?

There were others, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. For some reason as soon as I was out of High School & on my own, the concerts stopped. Couldn't afford them.

Boy am I dating myself with that list!
    angelic_one2002 and Debb70 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    My concerts read like a Who's Who of the 70's.

The first was Blood Sweat & Tears, I believe during David Clayton Thomas' 2nd run with the band. I was barely in High School & my parents let me go but were afraid to. It worked out fine, so they were OK with more.
    Then came, not necessarily in order:
    James Taylor
    Led Zeppelin
    Def Leppard
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Lynyrd Sknyrd - right before the plane crash that killed some of them.
    The Who - right before Keith Moon died. Are you starting to see a pattern here?

There were others, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. For some reason as soon as I was out of High School & on my own, the concerts stopped. Couldn't afford them.

Boy am I dating myself with that list!
    Publish that list, Miss Scarlett, and you might get musicians to pay you to stay away!

Loved rock music, but I've never been to a rock concert.

+ Reply to Thread