+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6983Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2184559;
    For what it's worth, I was the only bidder on this item. Lois, it sounded like fun at first, but then I realized that, at $0.36 each, it would cost me more to print them on this gadget then to print them anywhere else.
    But you have to add in the convenience factor. If you want something printed out right away, there's no gas money or time spent somewhere else getting it done. I know you can take your memory card to drugstores or Walmart and get prints out quickly but if you don't feel like going anywhere, you have the tools at your tips.

I have an unopened Canon Pixma ip1700 picture printer. Does anyone know if it's any good? I got it when I bought my mother a new computer and the printer came with the package. She already has a printer and so do we. I thought about gifting it to someone but can't think of anyone in my family who would use it enough to be worth it. I guess I could try to sell it on ebay or maybe keep it and use it exclusively for pictures. I don't usually print out pictures but maybe I would if I got this one up and running. Hmm, now that I'm looking at the box closely for the first time, I can do up to 8 1/2 x 11. I think I'll keep it!

Hey, Archie! I'm glad that someone else's thought processes are similar to mine! Happy printing! Incidentally, I love your avatar - pretty.

Hi all. I have a question for those of you who may have more knowledge in this area than me. My fiance swears he wants me to NOT buy him anything for xmas. He only wants all of us to be together and enjoy the day but he purchased something for me. He is a very simple man, never wanting anything or needing anything so I am torn. Do I go ahead and buy something even though he needs nothing nor wants anything or do I go with his wish and merely get a card and have a wonderful holiday with family?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I say buy him something. Something that has a special meaning for the both of you. It doesn't have to be big dollars. Something that reminds him of a special time you had together.

Thanks Unk!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree with Unk. I'd get him something too.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Yeah, I'd get him something meaningful. I've never heard anyone say "don't get me anything" and actually mean it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2184670;
    Yeah, I'd get him something meaningful. I've never heard anyone say "don't get me anything" and actually mean it.
    lol Lucy. I thought that too when he said it. I'm thinking of making an appt to have a family portrait done the day after xmas since his kids are here as well. He would like that and it would be very meaningful.

Thank you all for your advice.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2184670;
    I do.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2184674;
    lol Lucy. I thought that too when he said it. I'm thinking of making an appt to have a family portrait done the day after xmas since his kids are here as well. He would like that and it would be very meaningful. Thank you all for your advice.
    That a super idea!

My sinister surprised her boss with a beautifully framed photo of him, his wife and family. He works in this city, but his family lives in another until their daughter finishes the school year. My sister contacted his wife and secretly received the photo he'd never seen, and got it framed. He about near cried when he got it.

This year, they took a photo of him and his Exec. management before they went to their Xmas dinner. He thought the photographer was there for another reason and they just threw in the shot. By the time dinner was over, the photo was printed and framed and wrapped and in his bag of gifts. He couldn't believe it.

Besides, the gift of kindness and being thoughful really isn't counted as a gift-gift. If you know what I mean.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread