+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4501Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

A while back I was pondering what to do without my kids home for Christmas this year, and some of you had excellent ideas. I've decided I'm going to watch "It's a Wonderful Life". I've never seen it before, for no particular reason, but I get what it's about. If I like it, I'll make it a tradition.
    Ellen, PGM35, Miss Scarlet and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Gutmutter, a couple of years ago I went on a quest to watch every version and variation of "A Christmas Carol" that I could find. That was fun! I found that I liked Bob Cratchit from one version, Ebenezer Scrooge from another, etc.
    Ellen likes this.

"It's a Wonderful Life" is an awesome movie. I think you'll enjoy it. Our family had a tradition of watching "A Christmas Story" every year. It was really special for us to sit down as a family, put the VHS tape in, munch on some popcorn, and enjoy the movie together. Now, the movie is on 24 hours a day on TBS and that somehow ruined our tradition. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because my kids grew up so now that the granddaughters are getting to the age where they will enjoy the movie, we may have to resurrect the tradition.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I never have watched "It's a Wonderful Life" and I don't care to. I like "A Christmas Story" though!

For what it's worth, you don't have to choose a Christmas movie. You can make a tradition out of watching any movie or series of movies you want. A marathon of Arnold Schwarzenegger or James Bond films would be a cool Christmas tradition to me! Or maybe Star Wars (the original 3, not the prequels). Or if I was going for a a marathon of tv shows, I'd pick Heroes.
    Ellen likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

It's a Wonderful Life is a special one for hubby and me:
    We'd been "just friends" (though best friends) and co-workers for about 5 years. Since both of our families lived out of state, and we usually couldn't afford to travel and/or didn't want to go through holiday travel hassles, we usually got together with other friends -- fellow "orphans" and those who wanted to escape their families for a few hours -- on Christmas Eve at my apartment.

Well, that one year it was going to be just three of us -- but the third was going to be late because of either work stuff or family stuff. That year, Christmas Eve was going to be pizza (it's a red-and-green food sort of) and a double feature of A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life. Neither hubby nor I had ever seen IaWL in its entirety; our friend had never seen ACBC in its entirety. So he told us to go ahead and watch IaWL without him, and save a slice of pizza for him. Then we'd all watch Charlie Brown.

Well, during IaWL, my now-hubby put his arm around me (six months earlier, he'd given me the "just friends" speech when I started flirting with him -- so I backed off on the flirting). I said: "So you changed your mind about the 'just friends' thing?"

Ten months later, we got hitched!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Gutmutter, a couple of years ago I went on a quest to watch every version and variation of "A Christmas Carol" that I could find. That was fun! I found that I liked Bob Cratchit from one version, Ebenezer Scrooge from another, etc.
    I love that idea! I want to do that this year. One of my favorites is the Mr. Magoo version.

Pikachu: For what it's worth, you don't have to choose a Christmas movie. You can make a tradition out of watching any movie or series of movies you want. A marathon of Arnold Schwarzenegger or James Bond films would be a cool Christmas tradition to me! Or maybe Star Wars (the original 3, not the prequels). Or if I was going for a a marathon of tv shows, I'd pick Heroes.
    I like that idea, too -- especially for the week o' reruns between Christmas and New Year.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street. i first saw it when I was in 7th grade, and it made me believe in the magic of Christmas all over again.
    KatesMom, inthegarden and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street. i first saw it when I was in 7th grade, and it made me believe in the magic of Christmas all over again.
    LOVE IT! I will always believe in Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Good Morning, JohnnyK!

I'm glad to hear you have had been experiencing new things - going to a comedy club and waiting overnight for tickets -
    Sorry to quote my own post, just fixing a migraine typo. JK, I'm glad to hear you have been experiencing new things!

Debb, the first time I ever got concert tickets were Rolling Stone tickets! I had an "in" so I purchased four tickets for four awesome seats. I remember when they were offered to me, I called a guy friend of mine at his place of work to see if he and his gf would want to accompany me and my fiance, and he acted puzzled that I would be asking. Now when I look back at it, I realize what a silly question it was. Who wouldn't want good seats to a Rolling Stones concert!?!
    Ellen and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I love it as well. We watch it, Scrooge( the black and white original) and my Granddaughter loves Polar Express
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Sorry to quote my own post, just fixing a migraine typo. JK, I'm glad to hear you have been experiencing new things!

Debb, the first time I ever got concert tickets were Rolling Stone tickets! I had an "in" so I purchased four tickets for four awesome seats. I remember when they were offered to me, I called a guy friend of mine at his place of work to see if he and his gf would want to accompany me and my fiance, and he acted puzzled that I would be asking. Now when I look back at it, I realize what a silly question it was. Who wouldn't want good seats to a Rolling Stones concert!?!
    Well, you had to ask to find out if they were available that evening so I don't think it was a silly question at all!
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

+ Reply to Thread