+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Pikachu, that's great news about your job prospect. In NC, having a state job is great in many ways. One is that after 5 years, I think, you get free health insurance for life. There may some changes to that with Obama Care, I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt. Plus, state retirement and then you get first dibbs on other state jobs before they are offered to the public. Good luck.
    My current job is a state job.

One bad thing about the job I interviewed for is it doesn't include benefits. I was surprised to hear that because I kind of thought all state jobs included benefits. I would have to pay for my own health insurance whereas my current job pays for it. That's one of the reasons I'm not sure I'll accept this job if I do get an offer. They also don't have a place for me to park at the moment so I'll have to pay to park in a parking garage, which the interviewer told me is about $20 a month.

I've applied for other jobs recently, too, so I'm hoping one of them works out. Maybe I'll get called for more interviews.
    Masterchef 5 Pool: Registration Closed
    So You Think You Can Dance 11 Pool: Registration deadline: July 9th
    Face Off 7: TBA

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well it's now over.

The conclusion was receiving Kelly Clarkson concert tickets.

But I was nice enough to give mine away to someone who wanted it more, despite me being there the whole time.
    Oh wow, you waited all that time for Kelly Clarkson concert tickets only to give them away? I hope someone "pays it forward" really soon for you, Johnny.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Good luck, Pikachu!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I admit, my early description of what I was doing was meant to sound a bit over-dramatic. Why? Because it's not something I've ever done before and it was a new experience.

We spent all night in a mall just to pick up the tickets at around noon today.

So that was around 12 hours there with no sleep for me.

The people I went with will be going to the concert.

The mall is open all night? I've often wondered about the people who will wait in line for days on end for concert tickets, the new I-phone, sporting event tickets, etc. They are camping out for days out in the elements. I wonder where they go for bathroom breaks. I can't think of a single thing or person which/who would make me want to camp out for days on end. But more power to those who do. Anyhow, I'm sure your friends appreciated your kind gesture, Johnny.

It wasn't open all night. But the special event had a large group of people waiting for tickets stay overnight.

100 of the people present were also given the opportunity to have a meet and greet with Kelly after the concert.

I was one of them. And yes that was part of what I gave away.
    Photobabe likes this.

So, regarding this forum, I'd like for us to all get along.

I have had plenty of issues with others in other places throughout my life, and FORT is pretty much all I have at the moment.

Good Morning, JohnnyK!

I'm glad to hear you have had been experiencing new things - going to a comedy club and waiting overnight for tickets -

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Define "all".
    I thought this was funny. it is just an off the wall comment.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Good luck Pikachu with your job prospect!

I have stood in line for concert tickets MANY times. The only time I've spent the night was for Rolling Stones tickets in 1989. It was me, my ex and about 1000 other people who spent the night to keep our place in line. Man, I can't believe I did it. We were under the stars all night too, next to a side walk in front of the Civic Center, where the tickets were sold.

Years later, if I really wanted good seats, I went through a ticket broker. It cost a lot more, but it's much easier than the stress of standing in line for so many hours. And, I've also had pretty good luck buying tickets on-line. It kind of depends on your venue.

+ Reply to Thread