+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The thinly veiled jabs at other posters need to stop, folks. If you have a problem with another poster, either put them on ignore or keep it to yourself. General Discussion is supposed to be drama-free. Let's keep it that way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well it's now over.

The conclusion was receiving Kelly Clarkson concert tickets.

But I was nice enough to give mine away to someone who wanted it more, despite me being there the whole time.
    Wow! I'm impressed I don't know if I could have been quite so giving.
    You're a fine man, JohnnyK.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Well it's now over.

But I was nice enough to give mine away to someone who wanted it more, despite me being there the whole time.
    I didn't realize you were waiting in line all night for Kelly Clarkson concert tickets.

If you mentioned it elsewhere ... I missed it.

Sounds like getting the tickets made your day , and you kindly made someone else's day!

Things like that come back to you. Remember that when someone does something kind like that for you. It will happen ... trust me.
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I had a job interview today! It was with the State Court. There are some ups and downs to getting the job so I would have to seriously think about it if I'm given a job offer but hopefully something good comes from this.

I might have to stop visiting this forum at work if I get the job. Their employees are on at-will status, meaning they can be fired at any time for any reason. I don't want to give them a reason to fire me! I can post and run pools from home, though, so it's not a big deal.
    Hope you get the offer. It's always nice to have options. And, often, making a change like that can be energizing.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Well it's now over.

That was very kind and generous of you.

Three day weekend coming up!!!! Woo hoo!!!! I will really enjoy having an extra day to unwind and get things done around the house and grounds.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Three day weekend coming up!!!! Woo hoo!!!! I will really enjoy having an extra day to unwind and get things done around the house and grounds.
    I love it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I had a job interview today! It was with the State Court. There are some ups and downs to getting the job so I would have to seriously think about it if I'm given a job offer but hopefully something good comes from this.

I might have to stop visiting this forum at work if I get the job. Their employees are on at-will status, meaning they can be fired at any time for any reason. I don't want to give them a reason to fire me! I can post and run pools from home, though, so it's not a big deal.

Your outlook is excellent!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pikachu, that's great news about your job prospect. In NC, having a state job is great in many ways. One is that after 5 years, I think, you get free health insurance for life. There may some changes to that with Obama Care, I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt. Plus, state retirement and then you get first dibbs on other state jobs before they are offered to the public. Good luck.

My fingers are crossed for you, Pikachu!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread