+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I like the time change. I wish we stayed on standard time year round.
    The first few days, I'm ahead of schedule.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It gives me sexy dreams, I mean way way too sexy LOL.

I only take a little, and that hasn't changed my sleep
    I have taken it too in the past.

Unfortunately I don't think I encountered what you have.
    NorwIndian likes this.

I'm leaving for the day bye friends

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My best birthday was my 16th (a long time ago - I'll be 62 in a few days). My mother took me shopping (I got a skirt), out to lunch (I had a Crab Louis), and to see the film My Fair Lady.

I honestly can only remember a couple of other birthdays (my 10th, 14th, and 19th - and the latter too were not happy ones). But I'm not that into birthdays. It's not an age thing. I've never lied about my age - however old I am, I'm just glad to still be here. My husband does nice hings for me throughout the year - we don't exchange birthday gifts. We'll go out for lunch or dinner for my birthday, and my kids usually take me out too (always fun to see the kids more), but that's the extent of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I have taken it too in the past.

Unfortunately I don't think I encountered what you have.
    Maybe next time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am now outside of my home.

Waiting.

Soon, we will continue our journey.

It is survival of the fittest.

Trying to survive a night in a semi-deserted area with people I don't get along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    inthegarden - I LOVE your suggestion. I have several art projects I never have enough time to work on.
    I hadn't thought about sending generic stockings. You're right - the traditional ones are hand-made with special decorations added over the years.
    You could take a photo of the traditional ones ... and just pin the pics to the substitutes!
    Cootie likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    AZChristian, you just cracked me up with that comment! And you also made me wonder about that myself!

Speaking of walking...I can walk the entire length of the parallel bars now....TWICE!!!
    I'm still having a hard time with the walker, it's hard to put weight on both legs when I move the walker but I'll get the hang of it.
    I can walk the bars really well now as long as I'm holding on and I'm proud of that.

Please cross your fingers for me! I see the surgeons this afternoon. I'm hoping they say no more surgery!
    I knew it, I knew it! Stick with the walking practice. I think you'll get the hang with the walker.

Do you have that equipment at home ... or only in your out patient therapy?

Hoping you will update us on your status after your visit to the doc. It sounds to me as if you are doing better than expected ,,, so it is all uphill from here!

Really good to see you around more frequently.
    Lizard likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

NorwIndian - I am thrilled with your progress. Be sure you're eating healthy, nutritional food to help your body rebuild. Doctors almost never stress the importance of good nutrition for health. Ask if there are any other exercises you can be doing between PT sessions. Get professional massages to increase blood flow (ask if insurance would cover that!). You can do this!!
    Lizard likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a fun discussion question: What was your favorite birthday, so far, and why??

Mine was 40!! Everything came together in my head and my life.....finally!!! It was like magic! That was also the year I got divorced....also, one of my better, smarter moves. It was the year that I took control, as much as one can, of my life. It was just goooood!!! The confidence was not in question anymore. It was just a great year!
    The best one to date is 48. We had the big easter picnic we have had tge last two years. A friend's band played happy birthday and a friend made a fondant cake covered in birds. My ex husband does not like my birds. So it is a joke because his work.
    people call him tweety. On that birthday i happened to be 35 pounds more than my average of decades, 140 pounds (140 plus 35 equals 175.

Since then i have dropped 25 pounds.

I look like a fat face in the birthday picture ; but i just love the picture of me with the bird cake.

Divorce is a healing thing. Before i would have thought that it is a stressful thing. It sure has been. But now the negative is dealing with the financial part. If i would not have done it in the first place i would not be going through this. But i own it.

My weight was an indicator of my stress or me not taking care of myself. You have to take care of yourself.
    Kip likes this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread