+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7207Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't understand why "Merry Christmas" isn't ok to say anymore either. I'm an atheist so we celebrate "Xmas". I have Christian and Jewish friends and a good friend/former co worker who is Muslim and nobody is offended when somebody wishes any of them a Merry Christmas.
    I'm not offended by anything anybody chooses to believe in. If they are kind enough to wish me a Merry Christmas, I sure as heck wouldn't be upset by the words they chose to use.

I think there is such a thing as too politically correct.

Miss Scarlett, I'm the same way with Christmas episodes of my shows. I even watch Christmas episodes of shows I don't usually watch. My favorite movies are a little weird but in my house its not Xmas until I've seen National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and A Very Brady Christmas.

I revert back to being a little girl at Xmas time. The only part I don't like about the holidays are the crowds. People can be so rude and nasty. I've always had all of my shopping finished by Thanksgiving just so I can avoid the crowds of people.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 11-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Ellen and Miss Scarlet like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

I don't care if someone wishes me "Happy Holidays," "Merry Christmas" OR "Happy Hannukah" or, heck, "Happy Kwanzaa!" I think what gets lost in all the upset about people NOT saying "Merry Christmas" is that ALL of those greetings wish you well. I'm going to appreciate the wishes and not worry about the exact verbiage. I can't imagine responding to "Happy Holidays" with anger or a lecture, although I know that happens.
    prhoshay, Ellen, Lil Bit and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like Merry Christmas, but I will take what I can get Happy holidays is okay, but my wish to someone is usually Merry Christmas.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!

pikachu, what is the stuffed animal you are holding and how does it fit in?
    The stuffed animal is Figaro, the cat in Pinocchio and also Minnie Mouse's cat in the cartoons. Somewhere I have two Halloween cat stuffed animals but I couldn't find them so I brought Figaro with me. A witch has to have her cat! I thought he was close enough to a black cat to work for Halloween.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Both of you look great.

I would never respond in anger to any greeting. What I meant was that people should be allowed to say what they want. If they want to say Happy Holidays, that's fine, but if they want to say Merry Christmas instead, then they should be allowed to by their employers or whoever.

Like I previously wrote, if somebody is kind enough to wish me a Happy, Merry whatever, then I wouldn't be bothered or offended by anything they said. The kindness of the greeting is still there no matter the words they use.

Pikachu, I really like your costume! I need to learn how to post pictures here.
    Ellen likes this.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!

pikachu, what is the stuffed animal you are holding and how does it fit in?

PGM, who is your character???

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***************

She's dresses as Vanellope from the movie Wreck it Ralph. And she looks great.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Yeah, Pikachu. Nice dress. I like those sleeves. I like your little namesake too!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm an atheist so we celebrate "Xmas".
    NorwIndian, my atheist friend . . . that "X" is a Greek letter (Chi) which is used as an abbreviation for Christ. So if you're celebrating "Xmas," you're technically celebrating "Christmas." (And I hope you have a Merry Christmas!)

Your friend,
    AZChristian

JohnnyK likes this.

I know that. It's a joke in my family. Sorry.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread