+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4500Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    We have the tv pumps too and yes, it is annoying when they shut off in the middle of something. Usually CNN.

Well, you all enjoy the peppermint mocha creamer. I didn't like it, so that means more for you. I wanted to try the eggnog, but my store didn't have it. I love the Gingerbread one though. After the bananas foster coffee fiasco, I am really careful about what I put in my coffee. You cannot imagine the horror of that coffee. And I should be posting on the stupid thread as I went ahead and drank the whole thing instead of throwing it out. I had bought it and paid good money for it, so I was going to drink it. And I did and it promptly wanted back out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a question. A couple of days ago I bid on an item at work: an Epson picture printer. Looking back, I'm not sure why I bid on it. I thought it might be cool to get it, knowing fully well I would not, because my bid was low. Surprise surprise, I did get it. Would it be considered rude to tell the owner to give it to the second highest bidder? (I should explain that the money profits the company, so only the company would get less). Should I just suck it up and enjoy my new Picture printer?

I think it depends on how well you know the owner of the company. If the owner is someone who would get bent out of shape, I think you'd be (how shall I say this?) limiting your career path (yeah, that's it!).

I've never met the owner of the company. It's a huge insurance company...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2184364;
    I have a question. A couple of days ago I bid on an item at work: an Epson picture printer. Looking back, I'm not sure why I bid on it. I thought it might be cool to get it, knowing fully well I would not, because my bid was low. Surprise surprise, I did get it. Would it be considered rude to tell the owner to give it to the second highest bidder? (I should explain that the money profits the company, so only the company would get less). Should I just suck it up and enjoy my new Picture printer?
    Pay for it and put it on ebay or in the classifieds and get your money back for it. Then you don't have to go back on your bid and you aren't stuck with something you don't want.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2184372;
    Pay for it and put it on ebay or in the classifieds and get your money back for it. Then you don't have to go back on your bid and you aren't stuck with something you don't want.
    Not a bad idea Myrosie! Thanks!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    DesertRose, not sure if you decided to talk to the owner or not, but I have an Epson photo printer and LOVE it. If you have a digital camera at home and enjoy printing out pix, you may want to consider keeping it. (Note: The ink cartridges can be expensive and can dry up if you don't print on a regular basis, so I don't recommend keeping it if you only plan on printing photos out once or twice a year. But if you print some out on a regular basis like I do, then it's worth it to have around for the convenience.)

Good luck!

I'd follow MRD's advice. Ebay doesn't like you backing out on bids. I think you end up getting a mark against your permanent record.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

For what it's worth, I was the only bidder on this item. Lois, it sounded like fun at first, but then I realized that, at $0.36 each, it would cost me more to print them on this gadget then to print them anywhere else.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I would think, with as many people who deal with Ebay, that there is a good chance that somebody at the company might see the posting, and the word would get out at the company.... just a consideration.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread