+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6921Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ahh...I love it. For me, the season with all it's music and spirit is wondrous. It goes by too quickly for my liking, so I'm one that enjoys hearing those first Christmas carols from beginning to the end of the Christmas holiday.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I've always had a little tradition of taking my dogs for a walk on Xmas morning. I loved walking around the neighborhood seeing all of the kids out on their new bikes and toys.

I remember on one of those walks a few years ago there were 2 little boys on new scooters. I had just picked up my dogs "business" and was carrying it. I asked the boys if the scooters were from Santa. They said yes and asked what I got for Xmas, I held up the bag of poop and told them that's what I got because I wasn't good.

Their mom told me a year later that the boys remembered that and when Xmas rolled around again the boys kept saying that they had to be good or they'd get poop for Xmas like the "dog lady did".
    The mom thanked me every time I saw her!

I'm happy that all of my Xmas shopping is done! All I have to pick up is an Easy Bake Oven for my granddaughter.
    I made soft, fluffy throws for all of the girls in the family. Everybody complained that I only make baby blankets so I made blankets for everybody this year. I guess there are advantages to having so much time on my hands.

I picked up these little wooden sleighs that are picture frames for my granddaughter to paint and give out as presents. She's so excited about being able to give gifts to everybody.
    inthegarden likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Got in my daily walk at a mall and got to wondering: Is it more logical to appreciate that the salespeople at beauty products kiosks aren't bothering me, or should I be offended because they look at me and think, "No hope for that one - don't bother"?

Chatted with Santa and listened to the mall music featuring, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

AZChristian, you just cracked me up with that comment! And you also made me wonder about that myself!

Speaking of walking...I can walk the entire length of the parallel bars now....TWICE!!!
    I'm still having a hard time with the walker, it's hard to put weight on both legs when I move the walker but I'll get the hang of it.
    I can walk the bars really well now as long as I'm holding on and I'm proud of that.

Please cross your fingers for me! I see the surgeons this afternoon. I'm hoping they say no more surgery!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 11-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Ellen, waywyrd, shyra and 5 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

In a way, I feel all the Xmas stuff is too early. But early this morning when I went out for my walk, the air smelled like Christmas. (Keep in mind, this is San Diego.) I'm really tempted to play the It's a Wonderful Life DVD while doing lesson prep.
    Yeah, it's too early, but as I get older, time goes faster anyway.
    Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to run together anyway. And given hubby's "medical adventures" of these past 18 months, I'd rather celebrate too much rather than too little. (Or sit around feeling sorry for myself ... ahem...)
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I like the Christmas music. Nice that they at least wait until after Halloween to start playing it in store. It does seem strange to be thinking about Christmas when I still have tomatoes ripening in my garden....

In my business, I start planning for Christmas in September and am done with Halloween by the middle of October, so my calendar is a bit different!
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love Christmas time. I love the gaudy decorations. I love the corny music & TV shows. I love the Christmas episodes of my regular shows. I love shopping for presents (one for her & one for me, one for him & two for me, another for her & another for me!!) I love the lights.
    But most of all I love the Nativity sets & the REAL Christmas carols, you know, the ones about peace on earth, the birth of Jesus, angels, all that stuff.

I know most of the stores & the media keep trying to cover that up & distance themselves from it by calling it the nameless mystery "holiday", even a "holiday tree" claiming that they don't want to "offend anyone" Who the heck is offended by Christmas?!? Say the word. It won't kill you. When someone says "Happy Holidays" to me I answer with "Merry Christmas". You'd be surprised how many people smile & respond the same.
    I get so fed up with the media, stores & some people ignoring the name of the day that by the end I'm referring to it as "The Annual Festival of Greed".

I know not everyone is Christian or believes or cares about Christ, but I enjoy seeing people celebrating days I know nothing about or don't celebrate myself. Why can't everyone? It's like saying "Happy Birthday" to someone you don't know, or don't care for, just because you know it's their birthday & it might make them smile.
    I think it's just nice to see people celebrating & having something to celebrate.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Here's a picture someone at work took of me dressed up for Halloween. They just sent it to me today.

Love it pikachu! Here is my costume. Sorry so late. Haven't been here in awhile!

2013-10-26 21.11.40.jpg2013-10-27 12.02.47.jpg
    pikachu, shyra and JohnnyK like this.

I forgot to mention in my above ramble: I love Santa & the elves & all the Santa movies & TV shows.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!

pikachu, what is the stuffed animal you are holding and how does it fit in?

PGM, who is your character???

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***************

When all of the Christmas folderol begins, I want it to be about 2 weeks before Christmas and for the weather to be cold, with snowflakes or a tiny snowstorm. All of this is just overkill and pointless blather, way too soon. Tends to take away the specialness, for me. It has become as trite as the rest of our lives seem to have become.

Not much is special anymore.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread