+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, I get angry a lot.

I'm sure I've also been offensive at times.

Like when I say the country cult is mostly made up of middle aged white southern women. Because it's true. Based on what I've noticed. It's completely true. I can also know for sure that women react more positively to sob stories than men do, and they vote a lot more than men do.

Or is it a stereotype? There's truth to every stereotype. That's where stereotypes come from.

Like me or not I am being honest. I'm not being mean for the sake of being mean.

This forum says "No TV talk" in the description for a reason. Let's move the reality TV discussion to the proper forums.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

I can't believe we're almost a week into November. Where does the time go? I'm glad TG is late this year. I'm not ready for the whole holiday season. For the first time ever, I'm pretty sure my children will not be here for Christmas. Both of my daughters have to work and don't live nearby. My son will probably stop by, but he doesn't stay over anymore because he's allergic to my cats. Also, he has a serious girlfriend with family near them, so I imagine they'll be going there. I'm ok with it. Since the divorce, I have them Christmas eve and morning and then they spend the rest of the day with their dad, so I've always spent most of the day alone. But what do I do about their stockings? That was always their favorite part. I guess I could fill them and mail them and make sure they get the stockings back to me afterwards. No more getting up in the wee hours to fill them. That's nice. I'll have to think of a really special treat for myself for Christmas morning. Any suggestions?
    Count your blessings!

Curl up with a good book, a nice glass (or 2) of wine, and some soft music in the background!!
    Ellen likes this.

Gutmutter, I don't think I'd mail their stockings from your house. Buy new and mail those if you want, unless you are absolutely sure they'd send them back. My MIL sent us home with Easter baskets and had a hard time collecting them all back again. In fairness, IIRC I don't think she told us that expectation until later.
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good Golly Miss Molly.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I can't believe we're almost a week into November. Where does the time go? I'm glad TG is late this year. I'm not ready for the whole holiday season. For the first time ever, I'm pretty sure my children will not be here for Christmas. Both of my daughters have to work and don't live nearby. My son will probably stop by, but he doesn't stay over anymore because he's allergic to my cats. Also, he has a serious girlfriend with family near them, so I imagine they'll be going there. I'm ok with it. Since the divorce, I have them Christmas eve and morning and then they spend the rest of the day with their dad, so I've always spent most of the day alone. But what do I do about their stockings? That was always their favorite part. I guess I could fill them and mail them and make sure they get the stockings back to me afterwards. No more getting up in the wee hours to fill them. That's nice. I'll have to think of a really special treat for myself for Christmas morning. Any suggestions?
    I can't believe it's the holiday season either. Before Halloween, I was in a store and they had Christmas Trees up and decorated. It stunned me into realizing that the season was fast approaching.

I would mail the packages with a substitute stocking. They would be upset if next year, they came home, and didn't have their traditional childhood stocking.
    I'm sure this will sound awful but I would enjoy the quiet.
    For years, I had to juggled two sets of stepchildren, they were young adults (20-35 yrs.) by the time I came into the picture, who hated each other. Thrown into the mix was my son who was still young and didn't understand the why of having so many holiday celebrations. I was in the kitchen continuously from two days before the holiday until after. I finally put my foot down and told them all including the Mr. that I was cooking one big meal and everyone could come to that meal or not. They were old enough to act nice to one another through the meal. The first year was awful, it was like inviting the Hatfields and McCoys but we all survived. Now everyone is older and spends the holidays at their own homes. I still try and have one meal together during the holidays. I cook Thanksgiving lunch and Christmas breakfast for anyone that shows up. But no more cooking all through the holidays.
    Christmas Day after breakfast, I take a long walk with my camera, my dogs, (the cats are too smart to be out in the cold ) around the farm reflecting about the year, snapping pictures and enjoying the beauty of the day.
    Also, I plan a special art project for that day, and work on it while I listen to, and occasionally watch, Christmas movies on TV. .
    ^I usually save up and buy myself for Christmas some new neat art supply/material that I've been lusting over to play with on Christmas day...yeah, I'm still a kid.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 11-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Kip, coltnlasma, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

FoRTer

Good for you on the one big meal! And I like that idea of splurging on a Christmas wish for yourself; I will have to remember that.
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.

inthegarden - I LOVE your suggestion. I have several art projects I never have enough time to work on.
    I hadn't thought about sending generic stockings. You're right - the traditional ones are hand-made with special decorations added over the years.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, too, believe in treating myself to somethings in December!! If I'm buying gifts, it's one for you and one for ME!

I can't believe that Christmas music and Christmas television programming has already begun....as of last Sunday morning. I HATE IT!! Hallmark Channel is doing the 24-hour movies already.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread