+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5879Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't mind parents trick-or-treating with their kids. I just wouldn't want the adults going out by themselves!

It's nice when the parents do accompany the kids.
    Cootie likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm kind of in a bad mood again.

Because I feel ignorant towards people I accuse of being ignorant.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm kind of in a bad mood again.

Because I feel ignorant towards people I accuse of being ignorant.
    What do you mean?

I used to be prejudiced against people with Southern accents because I assumed they were prejudiced (I guess because that's what I saw in movies), but that was really stupid.

I find myself thinking some people must be stupid because of the way they talk. Even if that's true, its not a nice way to look at people. Its odd how we all seem to be judging people and our surroundings but are we ever right?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    What do you mean?

I used to be prejudiced against people with Southern accents because I assumed they were prejudiced (I guess because that's what I saw in movies), but that was really stupid.
    Not quite that.

The country cult, again.

I accuse them all, everybody of voting on talent shows, of being prejudice themselves.

And at times I feel like if a contestant is black, female, or young, they probably have no chance of winning to begin with because of the people that vote.

Yeah Candice Glover was an exception but there were not really any white country guys to vote for then. It was to prevent a sixth WGWG winner in a row.

Whenever there's a white family man singing country, though, and America gets their chance to vote for him, he goes all the way.

Take last AGT for example. In one round, a man fitting the description above completely butchered a song, and the judges told him that. In that same week was a young Hawaiian girl with a much better performance. He made it through thanks to America. She did not.

I find that ignorant, unfair, and discriminatory.

So I have taken to hate anybody that fits the country description or country cult description.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I burned myself on a curling iron and it is healing, but it is itching, so badly, that it is driving me crazy!! I am trying not to scratch it, but it is really hard to distract myself. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank goodness this seldom happens. It is on my hand.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

You could try putting Orajel on it. If it can relieve toothache pain, it might help deaden the itching on your hand.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Or hydrocortisone which is designed to stop itching, or Neosporin with pain killer, or ice.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Not quite that.

The country cult, again.

I accuse them all, everybody of voting on talent shows, of being prejudice themselves.

And at times I feel like if a contestant is black, female, or young, they probably have no chance of winning to begin with because of the people that vote.

Yeah Candice Glover was an exception but there were not really any white country guys to vote for then. It was to prevent a sixth WGWG winner in a row.

Whenever there's a white family man singing country, though, and America gets their chance to vote for him, he goes all the way.

Take last AGT for example. In one round, a man fitting the description above completely butchered a song, and the judges told him that. In that same week was a young Hawaiian girl with a much better performance. He made it through thanks to America. She did not.

I find that ignorant, unfair, and discriminatory.

So I have taken to hate anybody that fits the country description or country cult description.
    Hate is a very strong emotion to feel over something you can't control. Since these type of shows causes you so much distress maybe you need to find something else to watch until you can view them without being angry about what happens on them. The only thing we can control in life is ourselves.

People do stupid idiotic things I don't like but then I have been known to do stupid idiotic things. Imperfection sucks.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Hate is a very strong emotion to feel over something you can't control.
    I agree with nennie. I am sometimes frustrated with things, but if I allow myself to "hate" something that is less than evil, then the evil has won.

For example: I HATE child abusers. I HATE people who kill innocent people for stupid reasons (like political differences).

Life lived in perspective is a much calmer life. If something causes me to be angry and it's not a life-or-death issue, I just turn away from that thing until I can view it in a proper perspective. I haven't watched DWTS since Maksim C hasn't been on it. Big deal. Life goes on. If he goes back on the show, I'll go back to watching.

As I often said when I was working, if someone made an error that impacted others' work. "It's annoying, but no babies will die." That's how I feel about TV competitions. Even when I would get annoyed that Mark Ballas or Derek Hough would get a trained dancer as a partner and end up winning the season, "It's annoying, but no babies will die."
    NorwIndian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread