+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5926Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We're out in the boonies, so no one comes here, which is a bummer because I really love Halloween. Our youngest and his gf are dressing as Sheldon and Amy for their college party. I hope they'll send me a pic. It's days like today when I feel really sad that my kids are all grown up.

It was fun seeing you, pikachu. I wonder if ilja has a pumpkin smiley in her arsenal. That might cheer me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    We're out in the boonies, so no one comes here, which is a bummer because I really love Halloween. Our youngest and his gf are dressing as Sheldon and Amy for their college party. I hope they'll send me a pic. It's days like today when I feel really sad that my kids are all grown up.

It was fun seeing you, pikachu. I wonder if ilja has a pumpkin smiley in her arsenal. That might cheer me up.
    Aww, I am so sorry BB. Even on the acreage kids came around, driven around in droves

I am not into Halloween myself. I saw my granddaughter- this time she had all the make up on.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Fanny, I haven't kept count but it is slowing down. I guess I am giving out a lot of candy per treater b/c I am getting a lot of "wow, thanks!" comments. I bought Startbursts, Skittles, individual licorice packages, Jolly Rancher and snack size pretzel bags. I will save the pretzels but have got to get rid of the other stuff. You're welcome to it!

BB, that is a cute idea for a costume. Today is Throwback Thursday on Facebook and I was looking for some old Halloween photos of my kids to post but alas, I am not so organized and could not find any. And sorry, BB, but I have no Peppermint Patties for you.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Getting my nails done is just something I do for me. I have very strong ... and according to my manicurist ... "perfect" nails. It is something about the natural shape/curve that she says most customers would pay to have. We all get something ... and that's what I got .... instead of great hair!

I get compliments no matter what color I wear ... and I change off depending on mood. Once in a while I try something "different". I do like red ... but it has to be a "cool" red. I also like pinks and mauves ... but someone walked in the shop and said they should name one of the mauves after the town because all the old ladies wear it!

I used to let her decorate with all kinds of things ... but lately I just like looking at them sans decorations.

My manicurist is of Irish descent and has become a great friend!
    I do my own nails. I have this thing about people doing my nails and especially touching my feet *shivers* I've always had really strong nails that grow long without much effort on my part, so I learned to take care of them pretty young. No manicure I've gotten has ever been as good as I can do at home.

The last time I painted my nails, they were metallic black. I LOVED them. By the next day, they were chipped and I felt like Courtney Love. Had to take it off

No Halloween kids at my house. I live in a secluded little lane off a street with no sidewalks. It's nice and quiet...and dark at night. In the 5 or 6 Halloweens since I moved here, not one kid has knocked on my door. Just as well, I'd eat the leftover candy (ie. ALL of it) anyway.

I used to work in an office where EVERYONE dressed up. It was pretty much mandatory. You got crap from the boss if you didn't, so it wasn't worth NOT dressing up. I had fun with it, but now I'm glad I don't have to do it any more. I'm staying in and dressing like someone who works from home.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Getting my nails and feet done is all about pampering and relaxation. Luxuriating!! Kind of like "Wwwinning!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm in a bit of a rebellious and mean mood today.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been in a happy, joyful mood all day!! Tomorrow is my last Angel Tree day, as far as I know right now. I've not only taken applications, but I've doled out free mothering when, it was needed....and it was definitely needed and seemed to be appreciated. It's been a pretty great 2 weeks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

That's good.

For now my mean phase is over.

I'm back to normal.

Or if me being in a bad mood is normal, then I'm in my abnormal phase.

I dunno.

Well I am pretty disappointed.

I tried the honor system with treats. I set a basket out with great assorted treats and a sign that said ... HAPPY HALLOWEEN >>> Please take one!

only a few kids stopped by ... and apparently took hands full ! I thought well shame on them ... but we refilled the basket to the top ... and only one group came by and I found the basket thrown on the ground ... and they apparently emptied the basket of treats directly into their loot bags and ran. So ... I stopped and put a sign on the door that said ... Sorry ... the treats are all gone because somebody stole them all!

I should have known better. Last year someone wrote to the paper and complained that they put candy in their special bowl ... and their special Halloween treat bowl had been taken as well.

Thiefs ! I hope they all get toothaches It's sad because I have always enjoyed the trick or treaters.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This was the 1st year that I have actually had kids for Halloween. I shut the lights off when I realized parents were also standing with the kids holding out a sack for candy.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread