+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4487Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2184051;
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2183922;
    I'm a little rattled right now. My fourth grader just informed me that four students in his class were sent home with the stomach flu. Aside from washing, washing and washing hands, any other suggestions to keep it at bay at least until after Christmas? We are due to travel to my MILs over the weekend .
    Maybe surgical masks? (just kidding).
    Crap. I just realized he touched my mouse. Get the iodine, get the hot water!
    Do you live in Kentucky? My daughter and I just had it. If its the same bug, it only lasts about 32 hours if its any consolation.
    Wow! I live in Houston and it's gone all up and down my street the past few weeks. My oldest daughter had it pretty bad for about 6 hours, throwing up and aching. I had it for about 24 hours, no throw up, just sour stomach and a migraine. Now my husband has it and he's trembling in the bed like a big baby. Big baby.

It's chemical warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2184082;

Uh, that would be a horrible thing to deal with. I hate looking at people at any salad bars...some are just so filthy with the way they deal with communal food. STOP POKING YOUR FINGER IN THERE!!!
    I was at a salad bar once and a kid dropped a chocolate syrup ladle on the floor, picked it up, wiped it on his pants, and dropped it back in the syrup.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2184131;
    I was at a salad bar once and a kid dropped a chocolate syrup ladle on the floor, picked it up, wiped it on his pants, and dropped it back in the syrup.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

And all this stomach flu talk is worrying me. I hope the rest of you don't catch it. I haven't gotten it this year but I remember how awful it felt. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2183480;
    Do not, under any circumstances buy the refrigerated Coffeemate holiday flavored creamer: Peppermint Mocha.
    I actually like the Peppermint Mocha. I have a huge bottle in the fridge at work. I also like the Gingerbread. Haven't tried the eggnog, though. I can't stand eggnog so I don't think I would like the creamer either.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2183800;
    I moved this from pet peeves because we are entering conversation territory .
    90 yr. old drivers are scary pretty much everywhere. My mother used to tell me to watch out for the little old men wearing hats - they were the worst.
    And she doesn't drive.

We are all great drivers, aren't we? My husband and I scare the poop out of each other.
    The little old men wearing hats thing rings true. Before my grandpa died, his driving deteriorated badly. We were all afraid for him. He wore a hat everwhere. Must be a connection.

Of course, I am a perfect driver.

We have the TV's at some of the newer gas stations. When you take the nozzle out of the pump the tv comes on, and shuts off when you put the nozzle back. Most of the time it's set on one of the cable news channels.
    We have those, too. Usually set to CNN. It is really annoying when you are in the middle of a good story and the pump stops. People tend to get annoyed when they have to wait for you to quit watching before you will leave the pump.

(Dang, I am gabby today)
    Last edited by dagwood; 12-20-2006 at 11:12 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2184191;
    I actually like the Peppermint Mocha. I have a huge bottle in the fridge at work. I also like the Gingerbread. Haven't tried the eggnog, though. I can't stand eggnog so I don't think I would like the creamer either.
    Another here who actually likes the Peppermint Mocha too! The eggnog one is also pretty darn good too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My work, a gas station, can now say that we have celebrity clientel! My mom just called to tell my that Danny Glover just came in, and wanted to know if we were out of gas (we were) and when she said we were, he said,"man, and this is the only place I buy gas whenever I'm in Seattle!" And then this exchange happened, which made me laugh:

Kid my age behind Danny Glover: "Did anybody tell you that you look like Danny Glover?"

Danny Glover: "Yes."

Kid: "So, are you related to him or something"

My mom to Danny Glover: "Should we tell him?"

Danny Glover: "I AM Danny Glover"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I don't think I could ever even try the eggnog. I would probably psyche myself out to hate it and have the same reaction MRD has to the peppermint mocha.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2184207;
    My work, a gas station, can now say that we have celebrity clientel! My mom just called to tell my that Danny Glover just came in, and wanted to know if we were out of gas (we were) and when she said we were, he said,"man, and this is the only place I buy gas whenever I'm in Seattle!"
    That's so cool! I love Danny Glover!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Awww...I love Danny Glover too! How cool was that....did mom happen to think to take a picture of him???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2184224;
    Awww...I love Danny Glover too! How cool was that....did mom happen to think to take a picture of him???
    Lol no, but he's on the security cameras!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread