+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6937Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Tough crowd! If we ever have a FORT reunion, I won't be hard to miss with my brightly painted red nails, jingly charm bracelet, rings on my fingers, clutching my ATT mobile phone with its annoying ring tone.
    It's okay ECM ... we can change your ring tone to "Wild Thing".
    Ellen and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Don't do too much, too soon, or you won't keep it up. Sounds like a good start to me.
    On the nail topic, I always did my toenails because a snooty aunt told us that only low class women wear sandals without toenail polish. I don't enjoy professional jobs, but it's time for my annual "candy corn" nail job... orange polish with a yellow stripe by the cuticle and a white strip at the tip. It's cute.
    Oh what a cute idea gutmutter!

Mohandas Gandhi

It's easy, too! It doesn't have to be perfect and it really catches your eye.
    Count your blessings!

I hardly ever paint my fingernails because, even if my job didn't require me to use my hands, I'm constantly typing. Polish - and I only like dark colors - chips in 3.2 seconds. My all time favorite nail color is Chanel's Vamp, although I loved Very Vamp too. I keep my nails pretty short so they don't look too over-the-top that dark.

I always paint my toenails though and I usually go with something a little wilder than I'd do on my fingernails. Right now, they're Barbie pink with glitter. It's a pain to remove - the color comes off, but the glitter stays - but so cute.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I almost never wear fingernail polish because of my line of work (I teach art). With clay, paint, etc. polish wouldn't have a chance. Also, I swim and being in and out of the water doesn't help.
    Count your blessings!

Getting my nails done is just something I do for me. I have very strong ... and according to my manicurist ... "perfect" nails. It is something about the natural shape/curve that she says most customers would pay to have. We all get something ... and that's what I got .... instead of great hair!

I get compliments no matter what color I wear ... and I change off depending on mood. Once in a while I try something "different". I do like red ... but it has to be a "cool" red. I also like pinks and mauves ... but someone walked in the shop and said they should name one of the mauves after the town because all the old ladies wear it!

I used to let her decorate with all kinds of things ... but lately I just like looking at them sans decorations.

My manicurist is of Irish descent and has become a great friend!

Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Is anybody dressing up today?

We should have a costume thread for the people that do so.

I'm dressing up as Johnny K for halloween.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I did decide to dress up for Halloween today. All morning I kept going back and forth about whether I wanted to do it or not. I had trouble finding my Halloween costumes and makeup but finally settled on a spider witch costume I got in high school or college. I can't remember which but I've had it for a long, long time! I did makeup around my eyes and put on lipstick in the morning but didn't have time to do more since it took me so long to decide what I was wearing. When I went home at lunch, I touched up my makeup and added to it.

Here's a link to my pictures on Facebook. It's easier to post this than to resize all the pictures to post here.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=3&ref=nf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

You look great, Pikachu! Thanks for sharing!

Well, the little munchkins took their time coming this afternoon; didn't get my first treater until 4:30 ish....then they came in droves. I fed the menfolk first and then my son took over distributing duties while I ate my supper. They are still coming. I think I bought too much...I've got loads left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    You look great, Pikachu! Thanks for sharing!

Well, the little munchkins took their time coming this afternoon; didn't get my first treater until 4:30 ish....then they came in droves. I fed the menfolk first and then my son took over distributing duties while I ate my supper. They are still coming. I think I bought too much...I've got loads left.
    How many did you have ECM .My son had over 100 last year! Adults only here, we have none
    If you wish to share any candy with me, that's fine
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread