+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Pikachu, I'm not planning to dress up. I used to go all out. We used to dress up and attend my friend/neighbor's birthday/Halloween party. I have court on Friday, so I'm not going out to celebrate.

I do think the kiddies are coming by with their costumes so I'll be handy with candy for them. Our neigborhood used to have lots of kids coming by and we would decorate like crazy and dress up a little, but since I moved it's not like that here.
    I did have some purple lights that I'll locate and hang. Plus I have plenty lots of pumpkins and fall decorations. It'll be fun.

Are you dressing up? What do you want to go as? In the past I have gone as a hula girl, genie, witch, dalmation, flapper, and many others! lol

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Looks like I'll have to give up the idea of dressing up and decorating the office. I can't find my Halloween lights and I've only found a few costume parts, nothing I really want to wear. I think I was just feeling giddy after meeting Mark earlier but now that I'm home, I'm feeling bummed out. Oh, well.

On a positive note, I saw online that a few places are giving out free food if you go there in costume tomorrow. Krispy Kreme and Chipotle were mentioned in the article. You just have to check to see which locations are participating.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    They don't do the neck and shoulder massage thing at my salon....and if they did, you'd be paying extra for it! I've found that a lot of nail techs have extremely strong hands and fingers, and you have to tell them to lighten up if it hurts when they are massaging your calves. Also, if you ask your tech for guidance on what to do to make your nails grow, they can probably tell you. An acrylic overlay can encourage nail growth, and keep your polish more intact, unlike just polish on the bare nail. It's worth a discussion, anyway.
    shay, most of the nail salons in my area are owned by Koreans and they hire their own. Their English is very limited, or at least that is what they lead you to believe. I have bought products from their salon in the past which were supposed to encourage nail growth, but they never helped.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My salons are mostly owned by Vietnamese. It's not the products they sell you to take home, it's what they do to your nails there. My acrylic overlays were wonderful and effective, but I also had decent nail growth and hardness to begin with. The overlay just made it super-better. I am a believer. The owner has good English skills, as does one of the guys. If you can't talk to your techs, you may want to think about going somewhere else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't buy any product where I go .Maybe a new polish ( rarely) but I can get oils for cuticles etc cheaper than at the salon- where they mark it all up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    But speaking of exercise,

I went to the gym twice in the last couple weeks. I know it's not much, but for now, I like to think of it as a start. I managed to exhaust myself on the treadmill after running for just a couple minutes. I admire the other guys who can keep it going, faster and for much longer.,,.
    That's great that you made a start. There's some new evidence that 10 minutes of interval running is as good as or better than running for longer periods. (search for interval workouts)

If you haven't seen it, you might enjoy this video - on youtube search for arthur's transformation.

Someone recommended it to me several months ago. Seeing what Arthur did, inspired me. I had been swimming 3/4 of a mile using the breast stroke. One length of freestyle would do me in. After watching it, I resolved to work on my freestyle even if it was hard. By the end of swimming season, I was swimming a mile freestyle.

I still think of Arthur. A month or so ago, I started some exercises that include burpees. When I started, I could barely do one. But I thought of Arthur's struggle and kept at it. Now I can do 14 in a minute.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My left arm has been pretty sore all day. Yeah just the left arm. I felt a muscle or something get pulled when I lifted one of the weights. But I'm okay.

I can push myself off of about 170 pounds. Maybe I could have gone higher but oh well. That was leg exercise. My legs are fine.

Happy Halloween!
    It's picture day at school. I guess they don't trust us not to wear costumes.
    Plus, I live in Massachusetts and the Red Sox won the series last night, so I guess the yearbook will be a zombie theme with all the bleary-eyed students and teachers.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Both of my arms are now aching. Good.

And my forehead feels a bit hot.

Well, I'm off to stare into the sun. Be back later.

Pikachu, I hope you meet someone else at the gym. Sorry, you're down over it.

I can't find my purple lights, so I'll have to stop and pick some up and get home before dark.

Can you believe I bought my favorite candy early this year and haven't even touched it!

+ Reply to Thread