+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6938Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Same here. I am known by most to be very desperate.

But speaking of exercise,

I went to the gym twice in the last couple weeks. I know it's not much, but for now, I like to think of it as a start. I managed to exhaust myself on the treadmill after running for just a couple minutes. I admire the other guys who can keep it going, faster and for much longer.

I like the equipment they have.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That's great, Johnny! I don't use a gym but exercise at least every other day on my stationary bike. I do some good thinking when I bike or sometimes I watch TV. My son has a gym membership and I find he is less moody when he exercises regularly.

Don't do too much, too soon, or you won't keep it up. Sounds like a good start to me.
    On the nail topic, I always did my toenails because a snooty aunt told us that only low class women wear sandals without toenail polish. I don't enjoy professional jobs, but it's time for my annual "candy corn" nail job... orange polish with a yellow stripe by the cuticle and a white strip at the tip. It's cute.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I bet your students get a kick out of that, gutmutter!

I've got awful nails. They just don't grow and I have tried supplements like Biotin, which is supposed to aid nail growth, but nothing works for me. If I have a special occasion where I want my extremely short nails to really look nice, I go to the salon, otherwise I do them myself or just use a clear coat. As soon as it is sandal weather I get a pedicure but they last much, much longer than a manicure does. I suppose I should use rubber gloves when doing the dishes, or scrubbing pots, but I can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I bet your students get a kick out of that, gutmutter!

I've got awful nails. They just don't grow and I have tried supplements like Biotin, which is supposed to aid nail growth, but nothing works for me. If I have a special occasion where I want my extremely short nails to really look nice, I go to the salon, otherwise I do them myself or just use a clear coat. As soon as it is sandal weather I get a pedicure but they last much, much longer than a manicure does. I suppose I should use rubber gloves when doing the dishes, or scrubbing pots, but I can't be bothered.
    I take silica and my nails are way too long( but strong) right now. I just did a pale pink on my nails and instead of white did a sliver of sliver. My granddaughter will be impressed I never wear rubber gloves, so its wonder they don't chip .ECM If you just use the palest of pinks on its own, it almost looks like a French manicure. I go a little wild on my toes, right now I have on' rose gold', and the other women having a pedi loved it, so I passed it around, I always take my own polish, then, if it chips I have it on hand( or in this case) foot
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Fanny, is silica a supplemental tablet and where do you get it? I've tried the Sally Hansen strong nails products and they don't help, either. I bring my own nail polish as well for the same reason as you. Oh, and I HATE when the manicurist starts massaging my neck and shoulders while my nails dry. I shush her away. I am super sensitive to that sort of thing, which is why I have never gone to a masseuse. I would be "ow, ow, ow", the whole time.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They don't do the neck and shoulder massage thing at my salon....and if they did, you'd be paying extra for it! I've found that a lot of nail techs have extremely strong hands and fingers, and you have to tell them to lighten up if it hurts when they are massaging your calves. Also, if you ask your tech for guidance on what to do to make your nails grow, they can probably tell you. An acrylic overlay can encourage nail growth, and keep your polish more intact, unlike just polish on the bare nail. It's worth a discussion, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Are any of you going to dress up for Halloween at work tomorrow? I hadn't been planning to but now I'm thinking I might! In fact, I might even dig out some of my Halloween decorations at home and decorate around my cubicle. I used to have a string of orange and black lights, I had a stuffed black cat with a witches' cape on it, a big fake tarantula, a skull, etc.

I had taken some candy to work last week and reserved the last bit in the bag and I'm going to put it out tomorrow. I might bake some cookies tonight or pick up donuts tomorrow to add to our goodies.

I wish I could bring my kitty cat, Squirty, to work with me to be my witch's familiar but I don't think he'd be happy hanging around the office.

I love Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Fanny, is silica a supplemental tablet and where do you get it? I've tried the Sally Hansen strong nails products and they don't help, either. I bring my own nail polish as well for the same reason as you. Oh, and I HATE when the manicurist starts massaging my neck and shoulders while my nails dry. I shush her away. I am super sensitive to that sort of thing, which is why I have never gone to a masseuse. I would be "ow, ow, ow", the whole time.
    Yes, it is..

Pharmacy or health store have it : Strengthens bones and nails
    Promotes healthy hair and skin.
    A factor in the maintenance of good health.
    Helps in connective tissue formation.
    Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
    Helps to maintain immune function

I love a massage, they don't offer that with a manicure.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Our office is having it's Safety Fair today. They had a 5K walk/run this morning and for the first time, I participated.

I met the cutest guy during the walk. His name is Mark, he started working out here in January, and he's originally from North Carolina. Unfortunately for me, he's also married. *sigh*

Too bad because he was absolutely perfect for me, just my type!

Now if only I could meet a guy who was my type, single, and interested in me.
    Unfortunately, you can find that and it still doesn't work because there's no chemistry. True story (heck, true stories, in my case)
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread