+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6239Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Unfortunately, that's why you let the professionals do them on a regular basis. Rarely do I have a smudge, and I can't remember the last time I've had a chipped nail. Nails are something I allow myself because I deserve it. I get them done about every 3-4 weeks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't worry too much about getting polish on my skin. If I soak my hands in warm water for a little while (after the polish has had time to dry, of course), the stray polish can be scrubbed off pretty easily. I usually paint my nails in the evening, take my bath, and then scrape off any extra polish while watching tv.

I've gotten a manicure twice but since I'm not the touchy-feely type, I feel weird having strangers holding my hand and painting my nails.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When I retired, I told my hubby, "I'd like to retire, as long as I can still keep two regular expenditures - my acrylic nails and my cleaning lady."

I still have both, and have added regular pedicures every 6 weeks or so to keep an ingrown toenail under control. I'd rather see the nail lady than a foot doctor - she charges less, and he doesn't paint my toenails or massage my feet.
    prhoshay, Kip and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

I love a pedicure and the massage that goes with it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd rather get my nails done than go too the grocery store! Also, people (AND I) really notice your nails, men in particular. Women also notice them, though, and I really appreciate the compliments. My techs are rock stars and worth what I spend! I don't do overly long, nor do I do the white, flat tips in French....that is sooo 5 years or more ago, IMO. My mother always wore an oval shape, so I tried that shape and have never looked back. Medium length, only. For me, there is such a thing as too much length. Some people would even consider them short. I got tired of grubby-looking nails, and I then wondered why I had waited so long! It's just one more accessory, but I do keep my jewelry simple.
    Hyper likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just keep mine short, plain, buffed.
    Works for me!
    Kip likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'd rather get my nails done than go too the grocery store! Also, people (AND I) really notice your nails, men in particular. Women also notice them, though, and I really appreciate the compliments. My techs are rock stars and worth what I spend! I don't do overly long, nor do I do the white, flat tips in French....that is sooo 5 years or more ago, IMO. My mother always wore an oval shape, so I tried that shape and have never looked back. Medium length, only. For me, there is such a thing as too much length. Some people would even consider them short. I got tired of grubby-looking nails, and I then wondered why I had waited so long! It's just one more accessory, but I do keep my jewelry simple.
    That's how I get mine done, too, prhoshay! Oval, "sport-length"! When I'm going on a cruise, my tech knows that my "vacation toes" consist of the French manicure, black and white flowers on each big toe and . . . little black polka dots on the white part of all the toes. They make me smile when I look at them. (Which reminds me, I need to make my appointment soon . . . cruise coming up!!!)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Our office is having it's Safety Fair today. They had a 5K walk/run this morning and for the first time, I participated.

I met the cutest guy during the walk. His name is Mark, he started working out here in January, and he's originally from North Carolina. Unfortunately for me, he's also married. *sigh*

Too bad because he was absolutely perfect for me, just my type!

Now if only I could meet a guy who was my type, single, and interested in me.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Our office is having it's Safety Fair today. They had a 5K walk/run this morning and for the first time, I participated.

I met the cutest guy during the walk. His name is Mark, he started working out here in January, and he's originally from North Carolina. Unfortunately for me, he's also married. *sigh*

Too bad because he was absolutely perfect for me, just my type!

Awww, I felt so disappointed when you got to the married part. But, who knows, he may have a single friend... So many relationships start with introductions by friends or family.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You've hit on the issue we all know. That's the trifecta.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread