+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why do women like noisy, jangly bangle bracelets...or any kind of noisy jewelry? That stuff gives me the nervous breakdown!

And you know where that will land me, don't you????
    I'm very sensitive to sound — probably due partly to my profession, partly from leftover fibromyalgia. My husband is very hard-of-hearing.
    We can be cellmates in the nervous hospital...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm very sensitive to sound — probably due partly to my profession, partly from leftover fibromyalgia. My husband is very hard-of-hearing.
    We can be cellmates in the nervous hospital...
    I knew YOU would understand my post!!!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My original phone was burned in my house fire and I got a replacement phone. Well ... it had the standard ATT ringtone ... and every time it rang ... which was a lot ... it drove me crazy.. Now ... when I hear that ringtone from someone else's phone it still drives me up the wall. I want to run over and offer to change their ring tone!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

When I was in college I went to a seminar and I can't for the life of me remember what the topic of the seminar was. BUT, I have a vivid memory of the huge, jangling, banging, clanking bracelets the presenter wore on her wrist. The whole class went to this and her bracelets is what we all commented on.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why does ladies have to wear the whole jewelery box sometimes. ie bracelets or rings. It drives me nuts to see ladies with rings on all fingers and half the time they look cheap. I apologize in advance if anyone here does it. The old saying less is more when it comes to jewelery is true. I guess I am a minimalist.
    pikachu likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Why does ladies have to wear the whole jewelery box sometimes. ie bracelets or rings. It drives me nuts to see ladies with rings on all fingers and half the time they look cheap. I apologize in advance if anyone here does it. The old saying less is more when it comes to jewelery is true. I guess I am a minimalist.
    For the most part I am as well. I got several matching bracelets from home shopping last year, and I am always asked where I got it. I rarely wear jewellery, and rings on every finger, nope. I cant say it bothers me when other do though-lifes short have fun
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I kind of like to see a woman with a lot of jewelry on, but it doesn't look good on me. I've tried it and I look silly, but it looks okay on other people. I don't care for a ring on each finger though. That's too much. lol What gets me are huge earrings that look like they are pulling holes in the wearer's ear lobes. ouch!

I love the look of mix and match bracelets. I only do it every once in a while.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I love the thought of many rings and bracelets, but I can't stand to wear them. I only wear my wedding band. Many years ago my piano teacher wore blood red nail polish on her talons, lots of perfume and many rings and bracelets-i secretly called her Gypsy!!

I too am a minimalist. I always wear small earrings and a wrist watch ... and occasionally other small pieces depending on what I am wearing.

I have always preferred Silver or silver colored jewelry to yellow gold ... always ... and way before silver and/or white gold became so trendy.

I don't like seeing someone who is overly adorned with jewelry. They think it's great and to me it just always looks cheap or as someone said "gypsy".

Jewelry is sometimes used to draw the eye to a feature or away from a flaw.

For ecample, if you have nice hands and nails ... then wear a ring. If you are wearing a plain old, solid color top, then enhance it or make it the backdrop for a pretty necklace.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread