+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Often I put my dock on the side. For some of the projects I work on, it's a lot more convenient for me.
    And, really, no big deal to switch between dock on the left, right, bottom...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I got a like on Facebook from the one and only Sharon Osbourne.

I know it's not a big deal because I was one of many to comment and get one, but it still feels kinda cool.
    Still, I'd be tickled! I like Sharon a lot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do women like noisy, jangly bangle bracelets...or any kind of noisy jewelry? That stuff gives me the nervous breakdown!

And you know where that will land me, don't you????
    justCoz likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't like noisy jewelry, toys, gadgets, kids, whatever. I usually play video games and do stuff on the computer with the sound off, unless I'm watching a video or listening to music. I hate it when friends have noisy stuff on their keychain or on their purse and like to play with it. I guess I'm just auditorily sensitive.

Something else I just thought of along these lines....my dad and stepmom like novelty talking dolls/toys, like the Billy Bass fish. They have a bear rug in their living room that talks when you touch it. It seems like it talks if you even just look at it because I try to avoid but always end up setting it off a number of times while visiting them and I swear I want to fling that thing out in the yard. It's so loud and annoying! They also have a talking cowboy Santa Claus that plays songs way out of tune and bellows really loud. I'd like to toss it out on the lawn, too.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Ellen, nennie and Photobabe like this.

I like a party on my arm, but they don't make much of a noise.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There was a woman on Dr. Oz last week with a bracelet that kept jangling in a really annoying way. You'd think they would screen for that before they let guests out on the stage. I almost turned it off.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I have a charm bracelet my godmother gave to me when I was 16 and recently got a Pandora bangle bracelet. I don't think it makes too much noise. I think those talking wall plaques are kind of silly but my sister bought me a talking/shaking Christmas tree one Christmas. It freaks my dog out!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The people making the jangly noises never seem to be bothered by it or notice it. I just want to throttle them!

I'm guessing they are too vain for an invisible hearing aid!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We were in a store at a (busy) mall yesterday which had one of those annoying "ding dong" sounds whenever anyone entered the store. I finally had to just forget about trying on shoes and leave because it was making me crazy. I have tinnitus. If I want to hear ringing, I can go home and sit alone in a room!!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We were in a store at a (busy) mall yesterday which had one of those annoying "ding dong" sounds whenever anyone entered the store. I finally had to just forget about trying on shoes and leave because it was making me crazy. I have tinnitus. If I want to hear ringing, I can go home and sit alone in a room!!!!
    We have one of those at my office. My workers decided they wanted one because we work in cubicles and they wanted to be alerted when someone came in our area. It's so annoying to me, though, because the ding donger is closest to my cubicle. Plus, I have an intercom at my desk that buzzes when we get a visitor at the front door. That sucker is unbelievably loud and has no volume control! I can't do anything about the intercom, we have to have that (I asked when it was being installed it if the volume could be adjusted and they said no), and I have complained about the motion control door ringer in our office but no one cares that I don't want. I wish they would at least move the ding donger away from my cubicle.

I have tinnitus too, AZ. It really bothered me at first but after several months, I got where I didn't notice it as badly. Some days it's worse than others but often I hardly even notice it unless I concentrate on it.

+ Reply to Thread