+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4432Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    My cats do that all the time, too. I wouldn't know how to do it if I wanted to but somehow my cats stumble upon it easily. I usually have to go into my control panel to get the screen size back to normal size. I really need to learn more shortcut keys. I'll have to try JohnnyK's tip next time.
    Well I just realize that I probably gave the more complicated version on how to solve it

If you have a small magnifying glass icon with a percentage next to it, on the bottom right of your screen, set that to 100% if it isn't. That's the normal size. And it's easier.

But if all the icons and the desktop is a different size, then yeah you'll probably need to change the resolution or something via Properties. But I don't think a cat walking on a keyboard can alter that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Help! My cat walked over my keyboard and everything miniaturized! I don't know how to fix it and I can barely read the text. Does anyone know what I need to do to restore it to full size?
    I was going to say to have the cat walk across it backwards from the other direction, but JohnnyK's answer was much better.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Some of your answers are hysterical. The control/scroll up worked great. I even made it slightly larger than it had been.
    I tried the control panel first, but it didn't do anything about the size of the type.
    My son just moved back to New England after a 3-year trial of CA (didn't like it). We met casually for lunch yesterday so I could bring him stuff I was storing in the attic. So good to see him! I was showing him my new iPad and he had an extra case for it in his car with a Bluetooth keyboard that he gave me. He's really into the techno stuff. I was so grateful because I hate the virtual keyboard and I keep notes for my team's meetings.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had that tiny text problem from Idiot Lola trekking across the keyboard, and she also turned my whole display sideways. Went online and struggled to find the cure and did. I can't remember what I did. I tried Johnny's "Control +" command just now, and it cured small text. Tried "Control -" and it worked in reverse. Hallelujah!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I got a like on Facebook from the one and only Sharon Osbourne.

I know it's not a big deal because I was one of many to comment and get one, but it still feels kinda cool.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I had that tiny text problem from Idiot Lola trekking across the keyboard, and she also turned my whole display sideways. Went online and struggled to find the cure and did. I can't remember what I did. I tried Johnny's "Control +" command just now, and it cured small text. Tried "Control -" and it worked in reverse. Hallelujah!!
    My cat's done that one, too! It made me wonder who would ever want their computer display sideways. What would you use that feature for? I can't think of anything.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

I agree. It's stupid and pointless.

Just like putting the taskbar on the side. What the hell. Why. Who does that.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've had co-workers who have the taskbar on the side and it always makes me wonder if it's like that because they put it that way or if they messed up and did it accidentally and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

I was helping a co-worker with his computer recently and his taskbar was set to auto-hide, which really annoys me, so I turned that off while I was working on it. He was so happy I did that because he hadn't known how it got set on that and he didn't like that feature, either!

My other computer pet peeve is when someone has their desktop crowded with icons. I helped a friend consolidate all of her desktop icons (photo editing programs in one folder, greeting card programs in another folder, etc) so that it would declutter her desktop and make programs easier to find.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

My cat's done that one, too! It made me wonder who would ever want their computer display sideways. What would you use that feature for? I can't think of anything.
    Some folks have their monitors set vertically instead of horizontally.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I've had co-workers who have the taskbar on the side and it always makes me wonder if it's like that because they put it that way or if they messed up and did it accidentally and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

I was helping a co-worker with his computer recently and his taskbar was set to auto-hide, which really annoys me, so I turned that off while I was working on it. He was so happy I did that because he hadn't known how it got set on that and he didn't like that feature, either!

My other computer pet peeve is when someone has their desktop crowded with icons. I helped a friend consolidate all of her desktop icons (photo editing programs in one folder, greeting card programs in another folder, etc) so that it would declutter her desktop and make programs easier to find.
    I used to work in tech support for a utility company. Your statement (bolded) is exactly why a lot of people have things set in what the majority of us think is an odd way. And then they don't know how to (or know that they can) Google to find out how to fix it.

+ Reply to Thread