+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I didn't know about police wellness checks until I couldn't rouse a neighbor for a couple of days. She had severe health issues and lived alone. I live alone and have health issues. I wear a Medic Alert bracelet so at least my doctor will be notified. In my file at her office, I have next of kin listed for notification. I also gave the apartment manager a piece of paper for my rental file that has my brother's info along with a friend up north. There is also a photocopy of my Smart Cremation card in case a wellness check finds me as it found my neighbor. The office didn't know who to call when my neighbor died, so I'm trying to be prepared.

I crave candy (especially the defunct Mars Bars) but know I can no longer enjoy them - and not just because of the diabetes. Last Easter a neighbor gave me a small chocolate chicken (foil wrapped, chocolate shell only) and I had an over the top sugar intake reaction. I do carry wrapped caramels with me for low blood sugar correction if I'm not near a meal, but then I have to eat a balance protein meal within the hour if I have to chew one. *sigh* I know it is scarfing down Snickers and Paydays, etc. that contributed to my diabetes diagnosis, but I miss the days of that first bite joy.
    Arielflies - Atkins makes a DELICIOUS low carb candy bar called 'Caramel Nut Chew'. It's low carb, sugar free, high fiber, and tastes just like a Snickers bar. They aren't cheap, but when you get that craving for something sweet and can't have sugar, they really satisfy.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Help! My cat walked over my keyboard and everything miniaturized! I don't know how to fix it and I can barely read the text. Does anyone know what I need to do to restore it to full size?
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Try holding the Ctrl button on the bottom left and wind the scroll button on the mouse upwards. Or if you don't have a scroll button, Ctrl and +.

If that doesn't work, then it must be something else.

Thank you JohnnyK! You rock!!!!!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by gutmutter View Post
    help! My cat walked over my keyboard and everything miniaturized! I don't know how to fix it and i can barely read the text. Does anyone know what i need to do to restore it to full size?
    new glasses!! Lol
    Hyper and Eastcoastmom like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Smarta$$.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Mr. Christian and I decided we needed to start walking more regularly, since at our age and with my knees, we're limited as to what we CAN do for exercise. We started 3 weeks ago, walking increasing amounts every day.

This morning we did about 4 miles in just over an hour. Here in AZ, this is the weather for walking . . . and we plan to continue to extend our time and distance as much as possible. We have a wonderful canal system with adjacent walking paths, so it'll be a long time before we run out of places to go.

:-)
    Ellen, shyra, just1paul and 3 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Help! My cat walked over my keyboard and everything miniaturized! I don't know how to fix it and I can barely read the text. Does anyone know what I need to do to restore it to full size?
    My cats do that all the time, too. I wouldn't know how to do it if I wanted to but somehow my cats stumble upon it easily. I usually have to go into my control panel to get the screen size back to normal size. I really need to learn more shortcut keys. I'll have to try JohnnyK's tip next time.
    Masterchef 5 Pool: Registration Closed
    So You Think You Can Dance 11 Pool: Registration deadline: July 9th
    Face Off 7: TBA

Hi! I just wanted to pop in for a minute to say hello.

I have some issues which I'll explain later ... but it largely involves my little dog who got (vomiting) sick Wednesday evening ... and though she seems somewhat better she is still; a little "off". Me? I am so stressed I haven't slept much. I have a hard time accomplishing things with her on my mind. I am way nuts about this sweet dog.

Yes we have been to the vet ,,, and it appears to be chronic pancreatitis ... which just isn't good.

More details later in animal lovers but thanks all for letting me stop by.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Hi! I just wanted to pop in for a minute to say hello.

I have some issues which I'll explain later ... but it largely involves my little dog who got (vomiting) sick Wednesday evening ... and though she seems somewhat better she is still; a little "off". Me? I am so stressed I haven't slept much. I have a hard time accomplishing things with her on my mind. I am way nuts about this sweet dog.

Yes we have been to the vet ,,, and it appears to be chronic pancreatitis ... which just isn't good.

More details later in animal lovers but thanks all for letting me stop by.
    I am sorry to hear that echo
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread