+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7184Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Handkerchiefs can be soooo gross!! I like the aesthetic of them, but I prefer being able to throw a tissue away!
    We didn't have that luxury growing up.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nothing grosser/worse than wet hankie in your pocket. I've been sneezing and blowing all of my life, it seems.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think I have ever had one. Oh well, now we have Kleenex, lets hope everyone uses them
    -Andy Rooney-

I got in to work late this morning because I woke up with the most horrendous, debilitating headache. I got the kids off to school, took some Advil, and went back to sleep for 45 minutes until the meds kicked in. Waking up to a headache has got to be the worst way to start a day. I *just* finished resting, I should NOT have a headache!!

The good news is that I don't get headaches this severe very often. It is just unbearable when your head hurts so bad you cannot think straight. I really feel for people who have regular migraines!!

I hate waking up with headaches like that. It seems when you wake up with one like that, they always seem to linger and hang on the rest of the day.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I really feel for people who have regular migraines!!
    I have cluster migraines, I have a mild one now. I have had tests, my triggers are stress and weather, weather more than anything. I was supposed to go to an early Zumba class, but I knew it would make this worse
    I am glad Advil worked for you
    -Andy Rooney-

I have been fortunate to have never had many headaches in my life. Sometimes my sinuses will kick in, but it's not that often. I know some people who seem to have a headache all the time. It must be very horrible.

My ex claimed he had a headache all the time. Literally, everyday he claimed this, but he would never see a doctor about it. This went on for years. I never knew what caused them.

I didn't know about police wellness checks until I couldn't rouse a neighbor for a couple of days. She had severe health issues and lived alone. I live alone and have health issues. I wear a Medic Alert bracelet so at least my doctor will be notified. In my file at her office, I have next of kin listed for notification. I also gave the apartment manager a piece of paper for my rental file that has my brother's info along with a friend up north. There is also a photocopy of my Smart Cremation card in case a wellness check finds me as it found my neighbor. The office didn't know who to call when my neighbor died, so I'm trying to be prepared.

I crave candy (especially the defunct Mars Bars) but know I can no longer enjoy them - and not just because of the diabetes. Last Easter a neighbor gave me a small chocolate chicken (foil wrapped, chocolate shell only) and I had an over the top sugar intake reaction. I do carry wrapped caramels with me for low blood sugar correction if I'm not near a meal, but then I have to eat a balance protein meal within the hour if I have to chew one. *sigh* I know it is scarfing down Snickers and Paydays, etc. that contributed to my diabetes diagnosis, but I miss the days of that first bite joy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's good to know that you are thinking "what ifs". Pretty organized.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've always gotten horrible headaches when the seasons change. For about a week I get them bad. The pain is over my left eye and hurts to the touch.
    They get so bad that I throw up.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread