+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm a little rattled right now. My fourth grader just informed me that four students in his class were sent home with the stomach flu. Aside from washing, washing and washing hands, any other suggestions to keep it at bay at least until after Christmas? We are due to travel to my MILs over the weekend .
    Maybe surgical masks? (just kidding).
    Crap. I just realized he touched my mouse. Get the iodine, get the hot water!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Premium Member
    Good handwashing is your best defense. Unfortunately that crap is going around everywhere, I had it last week and was sick for 4 days. I don't think there is much you can do to prevent it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet
    Yes, Ms. Cornhusker nation. The only place I've seen gas stations with TVs as part of the gas pump, so as not to miss a second of football.
    SV

myrosiedog - you are right about it being mostly a southern thing.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-20-2006 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2183759;
    No, tequila doesn't freeze. I usually don't 'mix' my tequila with anything - just drink it straight (although I have poured it over a banana split drenched with chocolate sauce before).
    Oooo. I might just have to try that!

Newfherder: Maybe there's another meaning to that license plate. I think he's a guy from Newfoundland who is a Dr. of Human Resources? =NewfHRDR!

ShrinkingViolet: TVs in a gas pump? Really? Probably take 10 years to get those up here in Canada. Especially ones that don't freeze during the winter. Wait! Maybe we just need to set the TVs in a screen full of tequila! Then it won't freeze!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2183956;
    ShrinkingViolet: TVs in a gas pump? Really? Probably take 10 years to get those up here in Canada. Especially ones that don't freeze during the winter. Wait! Maybe we just need to set the TVs in a screen full of tequila! Then it won't freeze!!
    We have the TV's at some of the newer gas stations. When you take the nozzle out of the pump the tv comes on, and shuts off when you put the nozzle back. Most of the time it's set on one of the cable news channels.

You all are a bunch of boozers! -- *ahem* clears throat* "Drink to me only , that's all I aks-- ask -- and I will drink toooooo you!......" For those of you who don't know -- that was the opening to Dean Martins Stage routine. Then after 30 seconds of silence "How long I been on?"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2183524;
    You mean there's more than one newfherder?? (For the record, it was NOT me. I have a van (not a truck) and regular tags.)
    For the record, I knew it wasn't really you. It was actually in-state tags. The personalized plate was one of those fake tags that can be made to order and it was in the window of the truck. I just thought it was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2183976;
    We have the TV's at some of the newer gas stations. When you take the nozzle out of the pump the tv comes on, and shuts off when you put the nozzle back. Most of the time it's set on one of the cable news channels.
    That explains the !#@$^@$% prices! Or maybe it is to distract from the price? Or exactly how much you are pumping. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2183922;
    I'm a little rattled right now. My fourth grader just informed me that four students in his class were sent home with the stomach flu. Aside from washing, washing and washing hands, any other suggestions to keep it at bay at least until after Christmas? We are due to travel to my MILs over the weekend .
    Maybe surgical masks? (just kidding).

Do you live in Kentucky? My daughter and I just had it. If its the same bug, it only lasts about 32 hours if its any consolation.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I live about 1/2 hour south of Indianapolis - where around 300 people recently came down with the flu after eating at an Olive Garden. Something wicked this way comes.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Being a restaurant manager that is one of my biggest fears, having an outbreak of some kind.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2183922;
    My big "DUH" moment of the day... At first I thought you had an actual rodent. It took me a moment to realize you meant your computer mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2184060;
    Being a restaurant manager that is one of my biggest fears, having an outbreak of some kind.
    Uh, that would be a horrible thing to deal with. I hate looking at people at any salad bars...some are just so filthy with the way they deal with communal food. STOP POKING YOUR FINGER IN THERE!!!

+ Reply to Thread