+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6964Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

So far I'm having a bit of an off day.

Feeling more tired than usual. and I can't concentrate.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't, for the life of me, understand people who can't/won't say "No." Just watched the news and they were talking about feeling pressured to prescribe antibiotics when they weren't needed. Viruses don't respond to antibiotics, yet they let themselves be pressured. STOOOPID.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We see that so much at the pharmacy where I work and it bugs the heck out of the pharmacists. Some people aren't happy unless they get a prescription when they go to the doctor, although we are seeing more and more people come in with a note and the doctor writes the name of an over the counter remedy for them to get. Many times it's a nasal rinse or an antihistamine. Most sinus and upper respiratory infections are viral and don't respond to antibiotics anyway so there is no point in taking them.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

During Angel Tree, today, I enrolled a woman whose first name is "Today"! When you come across something like that, you just HAVE to ask questions, and she didn't mind. She was named by her father.....he was walking through the hallway, and the nurse said, "You have to name this baby today!".....and he did!!! Thus, Miss Today came to be! I love it!!!

Pretty cool name!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just finished my first Algebra Test on Tutorials 1-9. I got an 88. I'll take that! (Those darned positives and negatives will be the death of me.)
    prhoshay, captain, Kip and 1 others like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So far I'm having a bit of an off day.

Feeling more tired than usual. and I can't concentrate.
    Hope you're feeling better today, Johnny. I sometimes don't read here for days at a time, so often don't respond to your posts because it's so long after you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wish people would cough into their hands, or a tissue. At one time we always carried a handkerchief with us - but a tissue would suffice...
    Actually, into the crook of the elbow is preferred.
    I cringe when a student coughs/sneezes into the hands and then touches my stuff.
    My spouse is immunosuppressed because of a renal transplant. I worry about coming home with a bad flu bug or whatever that may be "just annoying" to me, yet horribly toxic for him.
    Last edited by Ellen; 10-24-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Actually, into the crook of the elbow is preferred.
    I cringe when a student coughs/sneezes into the hands and then touches my stuff.
    My spouse is immunosuppressed because of a renal transplant. I worry about coming home with a bad flu bug or whatever that may be "just annoying" to me, yet horribly toxic for him.
    Yes, force of habit. We were bought up to use a handkerchief or a tissue, if not a balled up fist( best I can explain it) someone in front of me simply coughed into the air and all over me. I think at that point I preferred he had used his hand
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Handkerchiefs can be soooo gross!! I like the aesthetic of them, but I prefer being able to throw a tissue away!

I'm getting in my mental starting blocks for going to Angel Tree this morning. I find it helps to wake up early and enjoy some quiet time and some news. I come in here to see what I've missed from the nightowls, and do my morning crossword puzzle....then I can start moving about; coffee is poison. I'll get there, eventually....ah yesssss...the beauty of volunteering!! I love moving at my own speed!

What are they going to do??? Dock my pay or write me up for being late???? I.Don't.Think.So!!!!
    nennie and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread