+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm also a big hand washer. When I go out, especially grocery shopping I always use those wipes available in most stores to thoroughly wipe down the handle & basket & upper sides of the cart. Then, when I leave I grab one & wipe my hands. When I do other shopping, I use one of those little bottles of Purell when I get back to the car. I keep one on my purse & one hanging in my car.

I never get flu shots. Many, many years ago, the first time the Swine Flu came around, everyone, young & old lined up at a city auditorium & got the shot. I got sicker than all get out shortly thereafter. I've never gotten a flu shot since. It's been over 30 years.

I almost never get sick. On the rare occasion I do, I never go to the Doctor. I just let it run it's course. I use those old methods my Mother tought me: Wash your hands very frequently, keep wrapped up warm & rest, drink loads of water, drink more water, drink lots of hot tea with a lot of lemon juice in it, use Vicks Vapor Rub, eat chicken soup, put eucalyptus oil on your nose openings. They work just fine.
    I figure I've built up all sorts of natural antibodies that way.
    That's pretty much how I am. I did talk it over with my doctor though, when I had my annual, and she said it was up to me. She thinks my immune system is pretty good.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I did stay home today. I had a difficult time sleeping last night, between my nose dripping and having weird dreams. I woke up several times with my nose and throat all clogged up. I'm drinking lots of fluids today and just taking it easy. I have to go to work tomorrow but hopefully I'll be feeling better then if I get enough rest today.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I did stay home today. I had a difficult time sleeping last night, between my nose dripping and having weird dreams. I woke up several times with my nose and throat all clogged up. I'm drinking lots of fluids today and just taking it easy. I have to go to work tomorrow but hopefully I'll be feeling better then if I get enough rest today.
    Have a nice hot bath( as hot as you can) maybe it will help to sweat it out, add eucalyptus Epsom salts if you have them. They open up the nasal passages and soothe tired muscles

feel better soon
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't wash my forearms, and I am not getting the flu shot. I decided not to. Lets hope everyone that did get it, are not sick this year.
    Most handwashing "instructions" talk about washing your "forearms". I don't know if that means up to your elbows ... but at least to a point above above your wrists. They also say to sing Happy Birthday or the ABC song while you are doing it. I don't do that ... I just pick a prayer.

So Fanny ... just don't go around kissing and hugging everybody ...
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Most handwashing "instructions" talk about washing your "forearms". I don't know if that means up to your elbows ... but at least to a point above above your wrists. They also say to sing Happy Birthday or the ABC song while you are doing it. I don't do that ... I just pick a prayer.

So Fanny ... just don't go around kissing and hugging everybody ...
    Oh no- I cant stop a habit of a lifetime, I am a hugger
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh no- I cant stop a habit of a lifetime, I am a hugger
    You'll first need to sanitize your forearms. :
    Jamie5632 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

You'll first need to sanitize your forearms. :
    Where I am its cold, I wear cozy sweaters, no forearm showing. You can wash as much as you like, even do my share
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I am its cold, I wear cozy sweaters, no forearm showing. You can wash as much as you like, even do my share
    So the germs live cozily under your sweater sleeves correct?

I think the cold actually kills a lot of germs so you win!

It just turned cold here. We got a blast of overnight low 30's about 2 weeks early ... and had to turn the heat on last night. Boo!

Mohandas Gandhi

So the germs live cozily under your sweater sleeves correct?

I think the cold actually kills a lot of germs so you win!

It just turned cold here. We got a blast of overnight low 30's about 2 weeks early ... and had to turn the heat on last night. Boo!
    We get really cold, I wash my sweaters, they are clean cozy soft and fluffy .I don't live in fear of germs though echo.

We get really cold, -20 to -30( colder with wind chills). I fair pretty well
    Hyper likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope you feel better Pikachu. I hate having a cold. I had one recently and it was terrible. I still have a little cough from it. Take care of yourself.

Do any of you go hiking in state parks? I can't understand why people don't notify someone when they are expected back from a hiking trip. And they don't take plenty of water, no emergency supplies. I don't get it. How difficult is it to tell a couple of people, that you'll be back by a certain time and where you will be, so that if you don't show up....someone will go looking for you.

+ Reply to Thread