+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh! Thank you echo! That was on my list of things to do and I kind of forgot about it.
    At our school they teach the kids to cough into the crook of their elbow.
    I need to use the neti pot more regularly. If I wait until I'm congested, I'm too blocked for it to work. I don't get any flow at all.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So, one night I decided to look for Bohemian Rhapsody parodies on YouTube. I came across this:

Nintendohemian Rhapsody - full parody feat. Pat the NES Punk & brentalfloss - YouTube

It's pretty awesome.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Oh! Thank you echo! That was on my list of things to do and I kind of forgot about it.
    At our school they teach the kids to cough into the crook of their elbow.
    I need to use the neti pot more regularly. If I wait until I'm congested, I'm too blocked for it to work. I don't get any flow at all.
    Gut, I've found that it will work, but it you may have to do it more times, initially, than you usually do, or shorten the lengths of time between the first and second usage. Having a vaporizer doesn't hurt, either.....warm steam, not cold. Do you freak the kids out and tell them about the neti pot? I can hear them eeewwwwing and oooohhhhing now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Triple ICK. It drives me crazy because people instinctively sneeze into their hand(s) and then don't pay any attention to HOW they wash and HOW LONG they wash. Most people neglect to thoroughly wash their hands and forearms.

OH ... and reminder again ... get your flu shots folks.
    I don't wash my forearms, and I am not getting the flu shot. I decided not to. Lets hope everyone that did get it, are not sick this year.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm a big hand washer and I did get my flu shot.
    Ellen and Lil Bit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm a big hand washer and I did get my flu shot.
    Oh gosh me too, but forearms, um no. i am not going into surgery
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm also a big hand washer. When I go out, especially grocery shopping I always use those wipes available in most stores to thoroughly wipe down the handle & basket & upper sides of the cart. Then, when I leave I grab one & wipe my hands. When I do other shopping, I use one of those little bottles of Purell when I get back to the car. I keep one on my purse & one hanging in my car.

I never get flu shots. Many, many years ago, the first time the Swine Flu came around, everyone, young & old lined up at a city auditorium & got the shot. I got sicker than all get out shortly thereafter. I've never gotten a flu shot since. It's been over 30 years.

I almost never get sick. On the rare occasion I do, I never go to the Doctor. I just let it run it's course. I use those old methods my Mother tought me: Wash your hands very frequently, keep wrapped up warm & rest, drink loads of water, drink more water, drink lots of hot tea with a lot of lemon juice in it, use Vicks Vapor Rub, eat chicken soup, put eucalyptus oil on your nose openings. They work just fine.
    I figure I've built up all sorts of natural antibodies that way.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

We've been dealing with Symbius Medical on transferring my husband's c-pap supplies to another company because Symbius isn't providing supplies in our area for Medicare patients any more. In 3 weeks, we received NO calls back in spite of numerous voice mails, e-mails, and even filling out a form on their website. The operator even began recognizing my voice (probably because I would say, "I want to speak to a LIVE person; please do not put me onto a line where I will be asked to leave a message"). I can't imagine how people who are not as persistent as we are can manager to make this change happen.

They have provided excellent service over the past 3 years, but once they decided to stop offering service to our demographic, we felt like they shoved us off the end of a cliff and said, "Good luck finding a parachute on the way down. Bye!!!"

When you get a cold, I don't think there's much you can do but ride it out. You may feel miserable, but generally most people can tolerate it, but with the flu, I think it can be very dangerous for certain people, such as the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. As a Type I diabetic, I have weighed the benefits and basically been told I would be very unwise to not get a flu shot. I decided not to take my chances.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I get an annual flu shot, and have gotten a pneumonia shot and a shingles shot. The one year I opted NOT to get a flu shot, I got the flu and it was BAD.

+ Reply to Thread