+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Saw Steve Harvey right before he became a huge star. It was worth every penny! After his set, he came over and talked to us because he said "You all were laughing!!" I had tears coming out of my eyes, more times than not! My love of laughter came in real handy that night.

I think it's interesting.....we were watching HIM and he was watching US.
    Ellen and Kip like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Most of the material was really edgy and I don't think I can post it on here

What I like about comedians is that they can work with whatever is given to them. Someone in the audience shouts something out, and the guy on stage doesn't even have to think about what to do with it. He works with it naturally.

I also shook hands with one of them on the way out. His name is Adam Ray. Apparently he was in a Sandra Bullock movie but looking it up, he's not listed in the credits.
    It sounds like improv ... Second City stuff. I have a family member who was part of the Second City cast.

People in the audience come up with topics, themes, shout outs and they(the cast) pick it up and build on it. It is actually fun to do that with friends/family and you end up with your own SNL.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yep. It was kind of like improv, I guess. Except nobody was asked to shout anything out

Like, the comedian started making fun of Nickelback and started singing one of their songs, but one of the guys I went with corrected him and shouted out that the song he was using was Creed, not Nickelback. Then that made the guy on stage change the subject to karaoke for a while.

I'd go back. I'd take my mom for the experience but she's not into stand-up.

Yep. It was kind of like improv, I guess. Except nobody was asked to shout anything out

Like, the comedian started making fun of Nickelback and started singing one of their songs, but one of the guys I went with corrected him and shouted out that the song he was using was Creed, not Nickelback. Then that made the guy on stage change the subject to karaoke for a while.

Sometimes suggestions/requests are written down in advance. I think they all have their own way to do things. It still sounds like it was fun.

Convince your Mom that it will be a new and good experience with you as her date.

Mohandas Gandhi

HAPPY SWEETEST DAY. I'm a little late ... ( it was yesterday the 19th .... but it's still good wishes.

Mohandas Gandhi

I can't believe I did what I did today! I'm happy I did it but still can't believe it.
    I was out with my son and his girlfriend today. They took me to get supplies from the pet store.
    I didn't know until we went inside the store that it was adoption day.

Well...there were these 2 cats. They are sisters and were found as starving strays. They had been at the pound for a while. One was adopted and howled until she was returned to the shelter and her sister. They had to be adopted together. That's hard. Most people only want one at a time and they want kittens.

Long story short. There are 2 scrawny orange sisters approximately 5 years old hiding in the spot under my stairs.
    I couldn't resist. I have the time and they needed me. I put what they needed in the spot and will leave them be.

I'm calling them Peanut and Butter for now. I used to have orange cats named Cheddar and,Cheese.

I'll post more in the animal thread.

I'm crazy!
    cablejockey, Kip, Brooks and 7 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

You are just the sweetest thing!
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I can't believe I did what I did today! I'm happy I did it but still can't believe it.
    I was out with my son and his girlfriend today. They took me to get supplies from the pet store.
    I didn't know until we went inside the store that it was adoption day.

Well...there were these 2 cats. They are sisters and were found as starving strays. They had been at the pound for a while. One was adopted and howled until she was returned to the shelter and her sister. They had to be adopted together. That's hard. Most people only want one at a time and they want kittens.

Long story short. There are 2 scrawny orange sisters approximately 5 years old hiding in the spot under my stairs.
    I couldn't resist. I have the time and they needed me. I put what they needed in the spot and will leave them be.

I'm calling them Peanut and Butter for now. I used to have orange cats named Cheddar and,Cheese.

I'll post more in the animal thread.

I'm crazy!
    When my daughter and her boyfriend (husband now) were living in a tiny studio apartment with 2 cats, my daughter went to the pet store to buy food. This was about 3 years ago. It was adoption day, and late in the day, and there was one cat left who hadn't been adopted. My daughter felt sorry for it and took it home. Just last week her brothers were teasing her about it, and she told them "Miko was the best impulse purchase I ever made."

My SIL also has a soft spot for cats. He had a sweet old cat named Misty (she just died last year). He named her Misty because he got her on a misty Halloween night. He was 12 and out trick or treating. At one house, a guy opened the door. There was a cat inside and the guy kicked it (literally kicked it) out the door. My SIL told him he shouldn't treat animals like that, and the guy said, "Well, you take care of the damn cat then," so my SIL took the cat home with him.
    cablejockey and NorwIndian like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Take your mom. You didn't know you were into stand-up either. Maybe she'll like it too - if not, I'm sure she'll enjoy seeing you enjoy it. Moms love to see their kid laughing and having a good time, and getting to see their kid's sense of humor.

I love it when my sons take me out. Usually it's to a baseball game, theatre, or dinner, but in January one of my sons took me paddleboarding. He had to talk me into it. I wanted to try it but was also terrified. It turned out I was really good at it and had a great time. I'd love to do it again.

Kip and NorwIndian, you are so kind and racking up special karma points for being nice to animals! I hope Norw shows usa photos of the sisters so we can see their development from scared to comfy cosy in their new home!

+ Reply to Thread