+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4533Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2183463;
    I too saw A LOT of merchandise for the Gators yesterday. Actually I saw a variety of items. Most of what was available was sold out, but interestingly enough, the OSU stuff was still plentiful and hadn't much been sold.
    Don't you think that maybe it's because you are located in a state adjacent to Florida? I'm sure if I went over to say, Indidana there would be an abundence of Florida stuff on the shelves.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2183558;
    Don't you think that maybe it's because you are located in a state adjacent to Florida? I'm sure if I went over to say, Indidana there would be an abundence of Florida stuff on the shelves.
    Nope, I'm 2 states away and live in the land of CLEMSON. I swear there is a pawprint on EVERYTHING here. I mean EVERYTHING. I have seen so much Clemson stuff that half of it I never knew existed. It's all CLEMSON, CLEMSON, CLEMSON and after that the SC Gamecocks. But Clemson rules and Gamecocks are definetly 2nd in this state, with Florida coming in 3rd.

HOWEVER, I have met a few busloads of Florida fans here. I have met more Florida fans here than in Florida. There are a lot of us Florida transplants here. There's even a Gator Club here that boosts about 150 members. So that could be part of it. I have a Gator purse and am continually stopped almost everywhere I go by someone coming up to me and saying: "I'm a Gator fan too"
    So apparantly if you aren't for Clemson or SC, you're a Gator in this state.
    And the SC Gamecocks have Steve Spurrier who will ALWAYS live on in Gator hearts everywhere even tho he is now a competitor in the SEC.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have personalized plates on my car that read TENESEE (my home state) and I'm constantly getting notes left on my car saying go Vols. When I was in AZ last month I saw people everywhere wearing OSU stuff and when I had on mine I was approached many times over to talk about the upcoming Michigan game.

Wow! I go away for a few days and have pages and pages to go through on this thread! You were a chatty bunch! Must be all the candy, cookies and peppermint coffee .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Premium Member
    We sure as heck don't have much gator merchandise up our way, and it's not because it's sold out.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2183585;
    We sure as heck don't have much gator merchandise up our way, and it's not because it's sold out.
    No, I wouldn't figure you would. It's mostly a Southern thing!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2183231;
    Jewelsy: So you're going to try the chocolate graham cracker with cool whip and freeze it. Where does your tequila fit in? Do you mix it with the cool whip? Does tequila freeze?
    No, tequila doesn't freeze. I usually don't 'mix' my tequila with anything - just drink it straight (although I have poured it over a banana split drenched with chocolate sauce before).

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2183741;
    WEll in Florida, its the 90 year old yankees that need lessons. Actually they need their keys taken away. That really used to peeve me but good. They should NOT be driving.

Of course, you know that I am a GREAT driver! Meanwhile my husband scares the poop out of me.
    I moved this from pet peeves because we are entering conversation territory .
    90 yr. old drivers are scary pretty much everywhere. My mother used to tell me to watch out for the little old men wearing hats - they were the worst.
    And she doesn't drive.

We are all great drivers, aren't we? My husband and I scare the poop out of each other.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2183585;
    Yes, Ms. Cornhusker nation. The only place I've seen gas stations with TVs as part of the gas pump, so as not to miss a second of football.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2183759;
    No, tequila doesn't freeze. I usually don't 'mix' my tequila with anything - just drink it straight (although I have poured it over a banana split drenched with chocolate sauce before).
    You are my new hero! I LOVE tequila shots and I never thought it would be good with my other love: chocolate. But I think tonight, I may just have to find out.

Your ideas sound fabulous. I'll let you know tomorrow if my new favorite thing is Tequila and chocolate.

+ Reply to Thread