+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7282Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

CCL

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I haven't seen Cadbury mini eggs yet for Halloween, but I did see a Halloween version of the creme egg at a gas station the other day! They were calling it the Cadbury Screme Egg and it had a green yolk
    They sell Cadbury minieggs all year here (Canada). They started a few years back. So they're not as "special" any more. The Cadbury creme eggs are still only Easter (and now Halloween with the green Screme version).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have never tried a Cadbury crème egg. There's nothing about the looks of that egg that appeals to me.
    Ellen and NorwIndian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I used to love those Cadbury creme eggs - I'd get one every year - but now I find they're just too sweet for me. That's pretty much how it is with most candies now, especially stuff like candy corns and Peeps (but also most chocolate). I used to like lots of different candies, but now I rarely eat any. Maybe it's because I don't eat a lot of processed sugar, so now everything is too sweet for me. I have the same issues with salty foods since I don't use a lot of salt when I cook.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Life has a way of rudely catching your attention, sometimes, so never say "Never!"

There you are, minding your own healthy business, and something stupid happens. I remember when the guy who made jogging popular dropped dead while he was out jogging....in his 40s, I think. Done and over with.

Correction: He was 52, and it was AFTER his run. His dad died in his 40s.
    Jim Fix.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Jim Fix.
    It was Fixx with two X's A great example of how you can be the healthiest person in the world, but when it's your time to go, it's your time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They sell Cadbury minieggs all year here (Canada). They started a few years back. So they're not as "special" any more. The Cadbury creme eggs are still only Easter (and now Halloween with the green Screme version).
    Some years ago they started selling those foui wrapped chocolate oranges. the chocolate wad flavored with orange and it broke apart in sections ... just like an orange. I used to eat some kind of orange flavored chocolate when I was younger! Good stuff!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

But Jim Fixx weighed 240 pounds at one time, and the worst thing- he smoked two packs of cigarettes per day. I think you can get fit, but past sins catch up with you.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let us not leave out his crappy family history; he also had a history of an enlarged heart. He was a tragedy looking for a place to happen.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Kip, about the ID in the kids shoes....not to be morbid but, in a bad accident, shoes do fly off. You might want to give that some more thought....even shoes with laces.
    Too late now - my youngest is 28! At least if a shoe was found at an accident site, there might be a chance to match the shoe to the person. For people who currently have young kids, maybe the ideal thing to do would be to put a label inside their pants.

I had never thought of taking an ID when I went out walking. When I walked Harley, I would just grab the leash, some poop bags and be on my way. Until one day I was walking him, stepped off the curb and twisted my ankle.
    I didn't hurt it bad but enough that I had to sit on the curb for a bit before I was able to walk home.

As I was sitting on the curb, I started thinking about all of the things that could happen when I was out walking. I always stuck my ID in my pocket after that.

I also have a severe allergy to a nausea medication. It's not an average allergic reaction. My throat and tongue swell up and it could kill me. I'm supposed to get a bracelet but I never have.
    I always figured that if I had a bad accident or something, they wouldn't be giving me a nausea medication.

After reading all of your stories and comments, I ordered my bracelet.

I love this place! Don't know what I'd do without you guys! You keep me "company".
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread