Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Okay shay, I wont!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Nope, nope, nope, Fanny, not even this thread is going to break my resolve.

You did cause my candy binge (but I'm not complaining!).
    My daughter works about 3 minutes from my house and always calls after work to see if I need anything. Yesterday I texted her a very long candy list.
    I've been having a blast making crayons and binging on candy.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

We didn't have any trick or treaters last year and our kids go to our church for a festival where there are a lot of activities. They get plenty of candy to as the church members do trunk or treat. I love it saves me from driving them all over town.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Nope, nope, nope, Fanny, not even this thread is going to break my resolve.
    ECM I do hope not!!

We didn't have any trick or treaters last year and our kids go to our church for a festival where there are a lot of activities. They get plenty of candy to as the church members do trunk or treat. I love it saves me from driving them all over town.
    That's so nice nennie. My granddaughter goes to the mall, or a house party with other little girls. She will pop in and see us- dressed as a pirate this year
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've been into the M&M's lately. I got some at Target a few weeks ago because I noticed they had a new flavor for Halloween (white chocolate candy corn), so I got it plus the original and peanut.

I'm not a fan of white chocolate in general so I didn't care too much for those, although that didn't stop me from scarfing down the bag. I probably shouldn't have bought more but I'm kind of addicted now so I got bags of the fun size M&M's (original and peanut), with a single serving per bag. I let myself half a bag of each every night while watching tv if I eat right the rest of the day and get my exercise in. So far it's working for me. I just hope I don't have a bad day and end up ripping open all of the bags and munching them down!

Peanut M&M's are really my favorite. I like to eat them with the original, though, to stretch them out. Otherwise, a serving of peanut M&M's is only like 4 and that's barely enough to get me started! A serving of the original is more like 10.

My parents used to have a candy dispenser in their living room, one of those two mason jar upside-down things. My nephew and I would get M&M's from the dispenser and put them on coasters to snack while watching tv. I had to quit because I was putting on the weight and getting canker sores.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-16-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Current Pools: DWTS 20, Face Off 8, Survivor 30, The Amazing Race 26, The Voice 8
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I really miss trick or treaters so much. My old house was in a family neighborhood and we always had a lot of them. After my kids grew up and moved out we wanted a smaller house with more outside space.
    My house is now on top of a 4 acre hill, the poor kids would have to walk about 1/2 a mile up a pitch black hill to get to my place.
    In the past I've thought about setting up a table down the hill by my mailboxes but it's not the same.
    My grandkids always come by and a few neighbors who are good friends but that's about it.

I've read that there is a big decline in kids going door to door these days. More parents are opting for parties and trick or treating in malls and things like that instead.
    Have you guys noticed a decline?

Do/did you guys go the homemade costume route for your kids or did you buy them? I made some awesome homemade ones until the kids got older and decided that the store bought ones were "cooler".

One of my costumes won my kids first prize in the duo category at my husbands work party. 2 years in a row!
    Okay, Nor. That was a tease! Now ... I want to know what costumes you made.! You knew I or someone would ask!
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

About the teen thing ... we got together and went on a "scavenger hunt". People were very nice and we made a haul!

Mohandas Gandhi

By the way ... all the "me toos" made me think of this.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis
    Ellen, Cootie and inthegarden like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Okay, Nor. That was a tease! Now ... I want to know what costumes you made.! You knew I or someone would ask!
    Echo, when my daughter was 3 and my son 2, I dressed them up as a little old man and woman.
    For my daughter, I went to the thrift store and got suspenders, a tie and an "old man hat".
    She wore brown slacks that I pulled up to her chest, lol. I made her a beer belly and put some scruff on her face to look like she hadn't shaved.
    With my son, I put him in this really ugly bathrobe my daughter had received as a gift, put some red blush and lipstick on him and I glued some pink curlers to a hair net. He used a big purse of my mom's as his treat bag.

Everybody thought she was a boy and he was a girl. They were my favorite costumes that they ever wore. It was adorable and I think all together they cost me about 3 dollars.
    I keep trying to talk my daughter into letting me do it with the grandkids but she has her own ideas and that's the way it should be. I had my turn.

I miss those days. I want to go back and raise my kids all over again.

I feel like I need to clarify something I wrote in an earlier comment. I just don't want to mislead anybody. I wrote earlier that I live on 4 acres, I want to clarify that I don't own the property!
    We wanted a smaller house with more outside property and we agreed that after we sold our house, we didn't want the responsibility of ownership anymore so we were lucky enough to find a really cute little A frame cottage up here. Our cottage is on the top of the hill and the other house is the landlords house way at the other side.
    It's a beautiful property but I just live here.
    I don't know why but it was important that I clarify myself.

Wow, you all probably think I'm weird. Lol.
    You may be right!

So what are you guys actually doing for Halloween?
    I'm not doing anything this year, the grandkids will come to get candy and show me their costumes.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread