+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5783Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

When I starting eating my greens and beans diet, I cut way back on "bad" foods, but every once in a while I get a craving and I figure I'm better off getting it out of my system than resisting it as long as it doesn't become a habit. I tried a chip made with avocado oil and liked them. Not sure if the processed oil has any of the benefits of the whole avocado, but it crimps the guilt. When I want sweets I almost always go for ice cream or gelato, but I do like dark chocolate, especially with nuts.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I saw an article on MSN today about how old is too old to trick or treat. Personally, I think once you reach your teens, it's time to stop going door-to-door. My sister and I preferred to go to the mall to trick or treat or have Halloween parties with our friends when we reached our teens. If you're going to trick or treat beyond that age, you really NEED to wear a costume! It used to tick me off when we had hordes of teenagers drive door-to-door in my area (), wearing ratty jeans and a t-shirt (), holding out 4 or 5 bags for candy () while talking on their cell phone (), claiming the extra bags were for younger siblings ( ).

In general, if you're old enough to get a job and buy your own candy, it's time to stop trolling the neighborhood for handouts.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I agree Pikachu . I think we had this thread last Halloween, but I stopped opening my door at a certain time .The little ones were long gone by then. Now we are in an Adult only condo, we don't see any children.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Woops, me and my short-term memory. Sometimes I can't remember what I've already discussed with who.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Woops, me and my short-term memory. Sometimes I can't remember what I've already discussed with who.
    LOL, well it is Halloween time soon, & we have talked candy
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I won't open the door past 9, but unfortunately some of the teens are still out that late on a school night trick or treating.

All of the talk about Sixlets got me curious enough to google. I have never, ever seen that candy my way. I am wondering if it is a regional thing. I live on Long Island, NY.

The past few years canned pumpkin has been very expensive due to something with the pumpkin crop. I picked up a few cans last week at a very good price (too lazy to cook my own) and now I think I will make some pumpkin nut bread this weekend for my husband's co-worker who has so graciously been sending him home with delicious grape tomatoes from his garden all summer long. I am that I have not done anything to reciprocate. It really feels like Autumn when I start baking pumpkin bread and it freezes so nicely, too.

Chocolate has always been my all-time favorite trick-or-treat goodie. I also like the little packets of candy corn, pumpkins, and Halloween red hots.

One time when I went with my nephew when he was trick or treating, one house was giving out cans of soft drinks. That was really nice and a neat idea.

I'm not a fan of hard candy. One of my least favorites when I was growing up was the coffee hard candy. It looked just like root beer hard candy, which I did like, but I could tell the difference when I bit into them. Yuck! I would give those to my mom if I spotted them before trying them.

I also didn't like hard caramels, jawbreakers, or very sour candy.

The best Halloween candy to me is miniature versions of name brand chocolate candies--the Hershey's miniatures, fun size Kit Kats, Snickers, Reese's peanut butter cups, etc.

I really miss trick or treaters so much. My old house was in a family neighborhood and we always had a lot of them. After my kids grew up and moved out we wanted a smaller house with more outside space.
    My house is now on top of a 4 acre hill, the poor kids would have to walk about 1/2 a mile up a pitch black hill to get to my place.
    In the past I've thought about setting up a table down the hill by my mailboxes but it's not the same.
    My grandkids always come by and a few neighbors who are good friends but that's about it.

I've read that there is a big decline in kids going door to door these days. More parents are opting for parties and trick or treating in malls and things like that instead.
    Have you guys noticed a decline?

Do/did you guys go the homemade costume route for your kids or did you buy them? I made some awesome homemade ones until the kids got older and decided that the store bought ones were "cooler".

One of my costumes won my kids first prize in the duo category at my husbands work party. 2 years in a row!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Chocolate has always been my all-time favorite trick-or-treat goodie. I also like the little packets of candy corn, pumpkins, and Halloween red hots.

One time when I went with my nephew when he was trick or treating, one house was giving out cans of soft drinks. That was really nice and a neat idea.

I'm not a fan of hard candy. One of my least favorites when I was growing up was the coffee hard candy. It looked just like root beer hard candy, which I did like, but I could tell the difference when I bit into them. Yuck! I would give those to my mom if I spotted them before trying them.

I also didn't like hard caramels, jawbreakers, or very sour candy.

The best Halloween candy to me is miniature versions of name brand chocolate candies--the Hershey's miniatures, fun size Kit Kats, Snickers, Reese's peanut butter cups, etc.
    I asked hubby to please pick up some mini chocolates bars on the way home.I don't have any in the house, but I will enjoy some tonight
    See what this thread did!
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whatever you do....just don't blame me!!!!
    Baby's Breath and NorwIndian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread