+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'll take all your Skittles and coconut, and I'll trade you Pixie Stix, anything jelly-based or sugar-based (like candy corn).
    NorwIndian!!!! I've been out of town for a couple of days but am glad to come back and see your post. Don't apologize for a down day. It helps to vent and you know you'll get support from us here. Have you thought of taking an on-line course to give yourself a challenge to focus on? There are some fun ones out there. Check out Learner's Edge. There is an outstanding course about the difference between the brains of boys and girls. That's a particular interest of mine, but you may find others you think are more interesting. They mail you the book(s) and you download some articles and then you write papers based on what you read. They're mostly for teachers so a lot of them have an applied element. I'm sure there are other on-line study options other people could recommend. Just a suggestion.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

While I'm not a fan of Mounds (to me, the chocolate seems kind of waxy), I *do* like the combination of coconut and very dark chocolate.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    While I'm not a fan of Mounds (to me, the chocolate seems kind of waxy), I *do* like the combination of coconut and very dark chocolate.
    I have to stop reading this thread, I love coconut and chocolate as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like coconut cake; I like coconut cream pie; I like German chocolate cake.....and those are where I draw the line! If I want nobody to ask for some, I'd buy Mounds. If I wanted to give out a candy for Halloween that I didn't like, I'd buy a big fat bag of Mounds, dump them into a bowl and just sit them out on the porch.

I didn't think I liked chocolate covered cherries until I was introduced to some made by some nuns in my area. They were nothing like anything I had ever had, and they were delicious! I was shocked and thrilled!! They also make some delicious bourbon balls....(big surprise there, huh? )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't like chocolate covered cherries. Love mounds but I love coconut. I also love reese's peanut butter cups and butterfingers. I really think I like candy. I do moderate myself on it though.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

As a kid, I ate it ALL , except those peanut butter chewy candies wrapped in orange and brown paper.

Now, dark chocolate with almonds is about all I'll eat.

I prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate. I guess that's why my favorites are Milky Way, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and even a plain Hersheys chocolate bar.
    nennie likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

The way I ate Mounds ... still do sometimes ... is the way you peanut pickers eat Paydays! I eat the chocolate off first ... and save the coconut middle for last..

I think that habit ... eating from the outside in ... must be formed from eating the crust off the bread first when young.
    waywyrd and nennie like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Gutmutter! I wondered where you were!! Its so funny that you brought up online classes! My son and I have been talking about that same thing for the past week or so, I'm looking into it.
    I think I need something like that right now.

I love Mounds and Almond Joy. I'm exactly like Echo, I go on binges where I eat a certain kind of candy every day until I'm sick of it, then I move onto the next.
    I also like the fruity chewy kinds of candy like Dots and Starburst. I love a candy called Sixlets, but they are hard to find.

Inthegarden, I agree with you on those peanut butter candies.. Those always ended up in the garbage at my house.

What ever happened to Mars Bars? I used to love those. Haven't seen them in a long time.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 10-15-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

I have sixlets in my cabinet right now and love them. Walmart carries them. we have a store called Atwoods where I live and I buy them in bulk.
    Last edited by nennie; 10-15-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread