+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    That is too cute (and funny), anemone!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2183337;
    Apparently the Fort has become a larger presence in my world than I had realized. I was out shopping this weekend and you all kept popping up all over the place. I saw a bag of doggie treats that said Marley Bones, of course when I got closer I saw that it was Meaty Bones.
    That is hilarious, anemone.

anemone - too funny
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

anemone! Wow. Next time, let us know where the party is! That would be fun to meet up!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

anemone, I saw a poster for a dance club, Hepcat here in my town a while ago

MRD
    Anemone-too funny. I too have occasionally seen things that remind me of people on the fort.

I felt thrilled to be included. And remember, the Gator Nation is a huge network of people not just nationwide, but worldwide. I am on a huge chat group for the Gators. Every state is represented and several countries as well.
    I too saw A LOT of merchandise for the Gators yesterday. Actually I saw a variety of items. Most of what was available was sold out, but interestingly enough, the OSU stuff was still plentiful and hadn't much been sold.

Do any of you guys have a Steve and Barry's? They sell clothing and University logoed clothing as well. They are so inexpensive. They have very nice, good quality hoodies of your favorite team for $15. The letters are embroidered on the front. I got one as a gift a month ago and It is so warm and comfortable and has survived in the wash well. They had them all on sale yesterday for 50% off. I could not believe it. These are really good quality hoodies that I've seen elsewhere for $30 and up. Besides school logoed stuff, they have other clothing. Parkas for $15. And hilarious t-shirts. I wish I could remember some of the sayings on them.

We had to get a $5 item for my daughter's youth group christmas party and went there as their t-shirts are $5. Some of them. They do have great sales and stuff.

Then we hit the most junky dollar store I've ever been in and the variety of items was astounding and they too had many Gator products including a santa hat and a stocking. I could have stayed in that store all day, but of course, had the 2 that don't shop with me. I'm going back to that one and poke around. I found some really cool stuff in there. But they don't keep it neat and clean, so you do really have to poke around. I guess that's what I mean by junky as it was a MESS!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Sorry for the double post, but this is a WARNING! and needs its own space.

Do not, under any circumstances buy the refrigerated Coffeemate holiday flavored creamer: Peppermint Mocha.

The Gingerbread one is very good. Peppermint Mocha? Not so great. I LOVE peppermint. I ADORE chocolate mint. But in coffee? NOt a good combo, not a good idea. Reminds me of the Bananas Foster Flavored Coffee I tried 2 years ago and drank it and then barfed and now can't eat anything banana flavored.

Peppermint and Banana flavored coffee? BAD BAD BAD IDEAS. Be warned!

ETA: had to pour out my cup of coffee and start over. STILL have that nasty taste in my mouth. Brushed teeth (with minty toothpaste) and now its worse. I'm walking around going "bleh, bleh" and sound like a cat coughing up a hairball.

So heed the warning. Peppermint in coffee: VERY BAD!!!
    Last edited by MRD; 12-20-2006 at 08:02 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2183480;
    So heed the warning. Peppermint in coffee: VERY BAD!!!
    Unless it's Starbucks Peppermint moka coffee, in which case it is DELICIOUS.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2183486;
    Unless it's Starbucks Peppermint moka coffee, in which case it is DELICIOUS.
    Mmmm... Peppermint Mocha. *slobber and drool*

And last, but never least, Newfherder was in town. I know because the truck had a personalized plate, "NEWFHRDR," in the window.
    You mean there's more than one newfherder?? (For the record, it was NOT me. I have a van (not a truck) and regular tags.)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread