+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5793Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I tried to come back and delete that entire comment but I was too late to edit.

I try to stay positive but sometimes, I just let loose and have a temper tantrum.
    Thanks. I'll stay in touch.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Norwindian YAY You!

I am so glad you stopped by here. This is definitely the place to vent! We all missed you ... and getting the details from you has everyone caught up.

When my dad was getting OT and PT many years ago ... I remember seeing the sign that said "Every journey begins with the first step" ... and I will say to you your journey has only just begun with those 6 "baby steps". It may take a while until you are taking 8 or 10 steps and more at a time ... but I know you will. Remember ... when we first met you ... you weren't walking at all ... and now look at you!
    Again ... give yourself little goals and don't be discouraged. They said you'd never walk ... and now they are saying with a walker ... well maybe they are covering their butts! Have your therapist take you outside for therapy ... and have your friend take you to a store with carts to shop. I'll bet you can walk a little further pushing a cart. Also ... you need to give yourself a present ... haircut, manicure maybe?

When you weigh in here, keep in mind please that everyone here cares.

I want to just stress that your positive attitude is uplifting for me and I think others ... so, thank you.

Glad you are no longer in "witness protection" ... See you soon.
    Ellen, shyra, Lizard and 1 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hello NorwIndian, Yes we all want you to feel better. We are glad you can vent here. I like what Echo said. One step at a time. Turn it over to God. Maybe a book would be a good way to use your energy. We all need energy direction. Sending love.Lizard
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Hey NorwIndian, so glad to hear from you! Let this be your venting place. We're just so happy to hear that you're "doing"...
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I tried to come back and delete that entire comment but I was too late to edit.

I try to stay positive but sometimes, I just let loose and have a temper tantrum.
    Thanks. I'll stay in touch.
    EVERYONE deserves a written temper tantrum from time to time.
    We still love you.
    (And I appreciate a written temper tantrum every now and again. They assure me that I'm normal. Ish.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hey, peope!! What kind of candy would you LEAST like to find in your trick-or-treat bag??? I vote "Hold the Skittles!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    When I was in school, all I had to do was read the chapter we were covering in Math Classes, sometimes just skim it, and I'd pick it up instantly. Subsequently I'd goof off in class pretty bad. When the teachers would call me to the board to prove I wasn't paying attention & embarass me, I'd whip throught the problem & get it right every time. They didn't know what to do with me.
    Most of them really disliked me because of that.
    I took a Finance class in college that was math-intense, but it wasn't really challenging math. The semester I took this class I was pregnant. I was always tired and sometime dozed off in this class. When the professor was handing back the first exam he was calling names as he handed out because he didn't know us yet. When I raised my hand for mine he hesitated and was like "Are you sure?". I had gotten 106% on the test.
    Fortunately for me it didn't seem to bother him at all. I think he respected the fact that I knew the material and how to apply it!!

To address the original question, I do not do homework for my kids. My daughter is 9 and sometimes this year when she is doing homework she will say "can you just write it for me"? I always tell her, "nope, it's your homework, not mine!" I don't even know where she got this idea!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-14-2013 at 01:31 PM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Wow, I've missed a lot in this thread being gone 5 days. I want to comment on the marriage question but will wait until I have more time. Very interesting question, shay.

I want to wish our Canadian FORTers a very Happy Thanksgiving!canada thanksgiving.gif
    Ellen, shyra, inthegarden and 1 others like this.

Thank you ECM !! nice to see you back btw
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hey, peope!! What kind of candy would you LEAST like to find in your trick-or-treat bag??? I vote "Hold the Skittles!"
    I second that vote, Prhoshay!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread