+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We are this month (October) beginning a celebration of our 50 years together. The first time we saw each other was 50 years ago on 10/27. The first time we spoke was on 11/24, we got engaged on 1/24, and married on 8/2 (all within a year). We've decided to cram as much fun into this year as we can.

Just made reservations to go to California (where we lived when we were first married) in January to celebrate our engagement anniversary. Going to revisit some old fun places (Knott's and Disneyland), and I'm FINALLY going to go to Medieval Times. I'm such a tacky tourist. I love silly stuff.

:-)
    Ellen, waywyrd, Lil Bit and 5 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love extended celebrations! What a wonderful idea! I believe in celebrating my birthday for the entire month.....my son's, too, since all of the work was on me!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Congratulations on 50 years AZ
    AZChristian likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Doesn't sound silly to me AZ, sounds great! Happy Anniversary .

I am 62 on the 19th and I have already started to celebrate my birthday..I love ♥ October

Congrats again!
    AZChristian and Baby's Breath like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years! How wonderful. I think your extended celebration sounds awesome. Enjoy!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

AZ Happy GOLDEN Anniverary to you and Mr. AZ
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Congratulations AZChristian on your golden Anniversity. What a fun year you and your husband have planned. You are the fortunate one!

Golden Kudos

Another anniversary;
    Kudos are now due
    To this radiant, golden couple:
    Your 50th is quite a coup!

You keep on keeping on;
    However do you do it?
    You make marriage look so easy,
    Like there’s really nothing to it.

Congratulations, you two;
    We wish you all the best.
    May all the years to come
    Be just as richly blessed.

By Joanna Fuchs

50th Wedding Anniversary Poems

Congratulations AZChristian! 50 years is incredible. You deserve a year long celebration for that.
    You guys sound like a perfect couple. I'm so happy for you both!

I'm so so bored today. My honey is off of his local jobs and went back on the road last night. He won't be back for 10 days. It's so beautiful outside, I just want to get up and go take a walk outside. I live up on a hill and its very rocky so it's hard for me to maneuver my chair outside by myself.
    I try really hard to stay positive and look on the bright side but its days like this that make me realize all that I've lost. To just be able to get up and walk outside with my dog and throw her ball for her was always taken for granted by me.

My prognosis right after my fall was that I would probably never walk again, so I try so hard to focus on the good part, that I am taking steps. I'll always need a walker, and a wheelchair if I plan on being out for a longer period. I was told that last week but I'll be walking some so that's good.

But today I'm so down and depressed and feeling sorry for myself. I hate being like this because I know there are so many who have it worse than me. I feel like an ass feeling so down whe other people are a lot worse off than I am.
    I'm trying to get myself into a positive frame of mind but I just can not do it today.

I've been chugging along slowly but surely with my therapy but there's no way I'd be able to go outside by myself with my wobbly little baby steps, everybody I know is out enjoying the gorgeous day.

My therapy is coming along. I can take about 6 steps with the walker now. They switched my therapy from my home to the offices so I'm able to get out in the world 2 days a week which has been so nice.
    My friend that takes me and I try to make a day of it and we'll go have lunch and shop. I'm not much of a shopper but it's about all I can do so I do it. The plus side is that I have all of my Xmas shopping done and the hubby and I are stocked up on everything we could ever need.

I'm so sorry to just burst in and start whining. I truly am.
    I've had a couple of people message me and ask me to come and give an update so here I am.

I've been reading all of the conversations but lately I'm either wiped out from therapy or my pain meds (which I was hoping to be off by now) that I haven't participated.

Again, I'm sorry to just barge in and interrupt the convetsation. And I'm also sorry for the whining and if this doesn't make sense. The pain killers hit me hard today because I was to depressed to eat before I took them.

I'm just a sorry case today.
    Take care everybody.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

NorwIndian, we're just glad to "see" you! No "perkiness" strings attached come as you are.

It's okay to feel down and to say so.
    Cheerfulness will come again soon. Be kind to yourself.
    This stuff ain't easy. I admire you.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

NorwIndian, I'm glad to see you posting again.
    With all you've been through, you can whine all you want.
    Just check in every now and then to let us know how you are doing.
    You are an inspiration.

+ Reply to Thread