+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think so prhoshay. I didn't marry to be taken care of but I have to say he has taken great care of me as I have of him.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I want to get married for companionship, love, sex (not going to lie), and to have someone to split expenses with. It's really difficult trying to handle all bills by myself, especially when I don't earn much! At one time, I wanted to get married to have kids but that's not possible now. I wouldn't mind marrying someone who has kids so I could still have the family experience. I think having a family of your own enriches your life more than anything else.

I wouldn't want a marriage where my husband was a big baby I was taking care of. I like to cook so I wouldn't mind doing the cooking but it would be nice if he would cook from time to time, too! I consider marriage to be a partnership, with both people carrying the load equally. It's fine to divide up chores according to whose best suited to it but I don't think gender roles should be assigned (woman does the housework, takes care of the kids, man takes cares of the cars, the yard, and the garbage).
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-09-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Woo, I'm having a chocoholic attack! It's funny how I can go months not eating the chocolate at my desk at work and then one day I end up gobbling it all down! I save up chocolate when co-workers give it to me specifically for days like this, when I need it.

Maybe there's a dementor nearby and that's why I'm craving chocolate.

Another random thought...it's scary how well I read minds sometimes. My boss was trying to tell me something and was stumbling over a person's name, couldn't seem to remember it, so I thought about who he might meant and said that person's name and that was who my boss was referring to! My boss interacts with a lot of people every day so it's interesting that I knew who he meant right off. Does that make me a clairvoyent, an empath, or what?

Since for the most part of my marriage I haven't had to work I always did everything inside the home that needed to be done and he did the outside chores. Even now my husband helps me do things if I ask him to. I sure don't want my husband to cook. He can barely boil water. We would probably have hot dogs a lot as he knows how to cook them. I love to cook so doing that isn't an issue. I just have no desire to be married again if something happens to him. I have been married 42 years and I wouldn't know how to act with someone else and I have always said my husband probably is the only one who would put up with me.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

My parents were happily married and my dad was madly in love with my mom all his life. My marriage was horrible and I'd never marry again. I like being independent. I wouldn't mind a companion to do things with, but have no strong compulsion to find someone. I spent my 20s being wooed and pursued by lots of guys with several proposals, but I wasn't interested in settling down. After my divorce I was working full time with 3 teenagers in the house, getting my masters, and then immediately afterwards got cancer. The cancer meds threw me into menopause overnight, so maybe the lack of libido is because of that. To everything there is a season. I enjoyed the heck out of my 20s but I'm much happier now.
    nennie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I also had no strong compulsion to have children. I could have gone my whole life without having any, and not missed it a bit, but after I was married I figured "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't". Well, it did and I've always been really glad I had them. They've brought so much joy to my life. Plus, now I have grandchildren: all of the good with none of the bad.

If I had it all to do over again, knowing what I know now, I'd still have married my husband.
    That's because of having my children. I wouldn't want to miss out on them. Also, there's that whole bit about if you change your past you'd change your future (I learned that from Back to the Future.), and I'm very happy with what I've got now.
    But I would do things differently. I'd be more assertive & take no carp, from the beginning. I'm sure Doc Brown would have something to say about that too.

In the end it all comes down to being true to yourself & finding/making your own happiness & not looking for someone else to provide that for you. That works whether you end up single or married.
    Cootie likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I am very honest with and about myself.

So let me say this:

Nearing three years, I think this is the forum I have stayed on the longest. I usually have gotten banned.

Why?

Well, let's see:

I was really stupid and immature at 13. I believe I am no longer like I was then. I didn't think 13 was an acceptable forum age at the time so I tried to pass off as an adult. But my immaturity, delusion, and oblivion eventually proved myself wrong. I even came up with lies about life experiences to try to help my cause. Not a good idea.

Then when I was 14 or 15, I was part of a teen forum. I was banned from there twice. Both times because of irrational attraction becoming obsession with others. And apparently I threatened people too.

When I was 17, I was banned from another forum, because anger from an infuriating event in real life that damaged me at the time caused me to go on rants that pretty much threatened everybody involved in that situation. The people on that forum felt uncomfortable by my explosions and got rid of me.

Then there is this. I am 21 now. I think I am doing an okay job. I have had my flaws. Especially recently with the whole country cult thing. But I think I'm good.
    Kip likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I also had no strong compulsion to have children. I could have gone my whole life without having any, and not missed it a bit, but after I was married I figured "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't". Well, it did and I've always been really glad I had them. They've brought so much joy to my life. Plus, now I have grandchildren: all of the good with none of the bad.

If I had it all to do over again, knowing what I know now, I'd still have married my husband.
    That's because of having my children. I wouldn't want to miss out on them. Also, there's that whole bit about if you change your past you'd change your future (I learned that from Back to the Future.), and I'm very happy with what I've got now.
    But I would do things differently. I'd be more assertive & take no carp, from the beginning. I'm sure Doc Brown would have something to say about that too.

In the end it all comes down to being true to yourself & finding/making your own happiness & not looking for someone else to provide that for you. That works whether you end up single or married.

Isn't it wonderful how damn smart we get after we get life's experiences under our belts?! Wouldn't go back to those rookie years for anything in the world!

OK, people, here's another "get your heads right" request!! The time is here to start volunteering to help people. Today, I signed up for my Salvation Army angel tree opportunities!!! We start signing up people for Christmas assistance on Oct. 21 and it runs into the first week of Nov.; I'm guessing that's enough for me, but if it's not, there's always more! I love meeting new people and hearing their stories, whether I want to or not, makes me appreciate my life. Just think about doing something for other people. The good part is that you can walk away if it doesn't fit. Do a little, or do a lot. It'll take your mind off your problems!
    coltnlasma likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just noticed that Cootie's Location is "in the garden". I'm thinking inthegarden should put Cootie as their Location so they have a Yin-Yang thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    When I started letting these reality shows affect me in an adverse way I stopped watching. Most of these shows are heavily scripted to draw the viewer in. Sad to say most of it isn't reality. What I don't understand JohnnyK is why you keep watching when they cause you so much anger. Is it worth the feelings it creates in you to do so? I am not being sarcastic just curious to why you do it.

Positive breeds positive negative breeds negative it is a choice as to which we want in our life.
    I feel the same way! The reality show style that makes me the most angry are ones that seem to pit women against each other. Especially: dating shows, real housewife shows (really any show about the super-wealthy), and shows like "bad girls club". They are so infuriating! So I don't watch. Fortunately I'm also not interested in these shows, so I don't feel it is a big loss.

Where I can occasionally run into a conflict is in a show I like, such as Top Chef or Project Runway when there is a personality that causes a lot of conflict. It can really frustrate me. Usually I will stick with it until that person gets eliminated, but it is extra aggravating when it seems like TPTB are pulling strings to keep the conflict around. If I feel a show is causing too much tension in me, I have to cut it off because it just isn't good for me!
    nennie and inthegarden like this.

+ Reply to Thread