+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4493Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm playing "chicken" with the weather. I wake up freezing, but refuse to turn on the heat because it's not that cold yet. I'm gone most of the day and it's warmer when I get home, so I make do with warm socks, a hot water bottle, and a warm hoodie. I'm also afraid that when I do turn on the heat (baseboards) I'll discover where all those mice went that my kittens played with and then escaped.
    Lil Bit and just1paul like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Men gossip just as much as women.
    Amen
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't like sob stories, but then I have a cruel cruel heart
    I dislike sob stories myself.
    Ellen and Sticker like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Too much can be very boring. I know people who are always moaning and groaning and I just wish they'd get over themselves because we are definitely OVER them. They need to find something else, other than themselves, to focus on. Tiring....boring.....obnoxious . Nobody Else Cares.
    Lil Bit, nennie and Sticker like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woke up this morning feeling lousy. I'd been having a not-pleasant dream, evidently, and my anxiety was leading the way; my former husband was a main cast member. I seldom have unpleasant dreams, thank goodness; it always takes me a few hours to shake the feeling off. The anxiety becomes replaced by annoyance until I settle down. Interesting, since I haven't heard his voice in several years; don't know where that came from.

Now that I think about it, that's probably what inspired my grouchy post above!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    It's the same "thing" as when some of us were staying up long into the night/early morning watching or reading about what was happening on the feeds.

I did it many nights even though I seriously disliked most of the house guests this year.

It's an addiction similar to gambling. You keep putting money in the game or slot machine hoping you'll hit it big. This season many of us went home "broke".
    For me, in addition to the addiction part (which definitely come into play), I had an ephiphamy this year. I finally realized and accepted that I actually enjoy getting mad and venting at the people on the shows that I do not like.

For some strange reason, I love getting mad at the ones I despise on the show. I enjoy it. Its part of the entertainment factor for me to get mad at them. I do have to be careful though, because it can get so upsetting at times, that it does affect me too much well after the show is over. So, there is a fine line that I have to watch and be careful about.

I'm probably an exception too like Johnny, as I am a male, but still get caught up in a lot of shows that my wife likes. Its so funny to me that my wife introduced me to most of the reality shows she liked, and at first, I brushed them off and would not watch them. Somewhere along the lines, I ended up more obsessed than she is about them. Although she still likes the Bachelor/Bachelorette much more than I do....LOL.

Gutmutter, I'm not sure where you are, but the weather in NC is quite bizarre this time of year. Some days it's in the 80's and other nights, its in the 50's! Today is quite cool. I'm holding off on the heat too. I doubt I'll turn it on for sometime yet. I don't mind sleeping with lots of cover.

I'm looking forward to going home and getting into something warm and comfy and having a hot beverage or maybe a Bloody Mary. I love a good and spicy Bloody Mary when it's cold outside.

I'm in Mass. and it hasn't gone below freezing yet, but getting up to a cold house is never my idea of a good time. I don't think they'd approve of Bloody Marys before I head into work.
    Debb70 and NorwIndian like this.
    Count your blessings!

There's something about my heated mattress pad that makes everything right with the world. My lava lamp makes it comfy, too.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I am feeling mixed right now.

I feel good that I've been out for three hours.

But I am pissed that the building management is still utterly useless. That one sentence sums that up.

But, in other news, for the first time, I gave a request for a local radio station. If I get a shoutout anytime during the weekend and I hear it, I'll post it here.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 10-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread