+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6946Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I know TV talk is not allowed here but where else can I ask this:

I wonder why a huge percentage of reality show viewers seem to be women over men. In that case I'd be in the minority. Just wondering.
    I think it has to do with the fact that women are more intrigued by personal interaction, e.g. the dynamics you see on Big Brother and I see on The Bachelor. Women also love happy endings (Trista and Ryan) and feel good stories, like that of someone living their dream (Kenichi).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Most men are not detail-oriented, but ask them about a stupid car and you will get more than you want! I do have a couple of straight male friends who can hang with any woman I know when it comes to gossip and is usually more up on what it going on than I am! Usually, it's a waste of time to ask a guy to give you a good update. They never seem to ask the GOOD/"RIGHT" questions.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has everyone moisturized today????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Men gossip just as much as women.
    just1paul likes this.
    You can do it!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I think it has to do with the fact that women are more intrigued by personal interaction, e.g. the dynamics you see on Big Brother and I see on The Bachelor. Women also love happy endings (Trista and Ryan) and feel good stories, like that of someone living their dream (Kenichi).
    So that's also why all these shows are infested with sob stories, right? Because women, the viewing majority, react a lot more positively than most men do (especially if the person giving the sob story is a man, which is disappointing).

Which is also why I get pissed off so much.

Because I and the majority clearly have different opinions most of the time.
    Sticker likes this.

So that's also why all these shows are infested with sob stories, right? Because women, the viewing majority, react a lot more positively than most men do (especially if the person giving the sob story is a man, which is disappointing).

I don't like sob stories, but then I have a cruel cruel heart
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When I started letting these reality shows affect me in an adverse way I stopped watching. Most of these shows are heavily scripted to draw the viewer in. Sad to say most of it isn't reality. What I don't understand JohnnyK is why you keep watching when they cause you so much anger. Is it worth the feelings it creates in you to do so? I am not being sarcastic just curious to why you do it.

Positive breeds positive negative breeds negative it is a choice as to which we want in our life.
    prhoshay, Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I quit Big Brother this season before it was finished. I hated the HG's so much at the end, that I just couldn't stand to look at them. The truth is that I disliked the vast majority of them from the very beginning. I won't be bothering next Summer. Too much time wasted.

I'm also getting disgusted with The Bachelor/Bachelorette. This season & contestants were an all time low. Even the "shocking" ending was a boring let down. I just didn't care.
    The last few seasons, they've been trying so hard to milk the sob stories & up the drama that the whole thing is eyerollingly painful to watch.
    I intend to read some spoilers before this upcoming season & if it's same old-same old, I'm not wasting my time.

I watch TV, especially Reality TV for fun, not to be depressed or angry. When the fun's gone, I'm gone.

I agree with those above who dislike the sob stories. They don't draw me in or make a contestant sympathetic. Instead I find them to be downers & want them gone. I say get a grip, let go, move on & quit whining for sympathy. There's none here.
    Reality TV should be a No Downers Zone.

Of course, like Fanny Mare, I have a cruel cruel heart too.
    nennie and Sticker like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't like sob stories, but then I have a cruel cruel heart
    They bother me less when it's on non-public voting shows. Because when it's on shows that do have public voting, I feel like they're using it as a ploy, and it's manipulation. Yet people almost always fall for it.

When I started letting these reality shows affect me in an adverse way I stopped watching. Most of these shows are heavily scripted to draw the viewer in. Sad to say most of it isn't reality. What I don't understand JohnnyK is why you keep watching when they cause you so much anger. Is it worth the feelings it creates in you to do so? I am not being sarcastic just curious to why you do it.

Positive breeds positive negative breeds negative it is a choice as to which we want in our life.
    I don't know. I am obliged. I'd rather change my views than give up on them.

They bother me less when it's on non-public voting shows. Because when it's on shows that do have public voting, I feel like they're using it as a ploy, and it's manipulation. Yet people almost always fall for it.
    I don't know. I am obliged. I'd rather change my views than give up on them.
    It's the same "thing" as when some of us were staying up long into the night/early morning watching or reading about what was happening on the feeds.

I did it many nights even though I seriously disliked most of the house guests this year.

It's an addiction similar to gambling. You keep putting money in the game or slot machine hoping you'll hit it big. This season many of us went home "broke".
    waywyrd, Sticker and JohnnyK like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread