+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Another problem I have is I often feel paranoid. I'm like "Why is this person doing that? Is it because of me? Did I do something? Did I cause this?" etc

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't hear about a lot of phones being damaged from people falling, but I also don't hear about little green unicorns, either! Maybe I am just out of the loop!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    The medications list is something I have been doing since before I was taking any meds. I did it for my Dad.

I kept a file and updated as his conditions/medications changed.

Name
    Date of Birth
    Allergies

Any relevant conditions such as Diabetes, Pacemaker, artificial parts ... etc.)

Prescription Medications
    For each (include dosage and schedule/times per day)

Non-Prescription Medications ... OTC and supplements
    For each (include dosage and schedule/times per day)

Hospitalizations ...
    Admin/Discharge dates ... Reason
    Start with most recent and list in reverse Chronological order

Emergency contact Phone#

Personal Physician Name & Phone number

I kept this in my purse and on my refrigerator for Paramedics to find and extras.

Every time there was a medication change I updated it.

ETA I think it would be easy to fall and damage a smart phone with all the information, so a paper backup is a good idea.
    Hubby and I keep our own and each others' info on our devices and a hard copy for both of us in our wallets. This came in very handy during hubby's recent ER adventure. :/
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Another problem I have is I often feel paranoid. I'm like "Why is this person doing that? Is it because of me? Did I do something? Did I cause this?" etc
    Most people are so self-involved, they're not paying attention to anyone else -- they're just acting however they're acting because of internal reasons.

Going back to your getting angry at reality shows - I know the feeling - I do too. I either stop watching the ones that push me over the edge (I'm no longer going to watch MasterChef), or I change my perspective.

One perspective change is thinking of the winner (or loser) being determined by chance rather than by how well they did. For example, I used to get angry watching The Apprentice because one week Trump would fire someone for not speaking up, the next week someone would be fired for speaking up; one week someone is fired for not listening to a teammate, the next week someone is fired because they listened to a teammate rather than sticking with their idea; etc. Now I watch and enjoy the team tasks and watching the team interactions. When it comes to the boardroom, I think of Trump as a spinning wheel of chance - you never know who is going home.

I don't watch The Voice or American Idol much any more. But when I do, I watch just to hear some good (maybe?) singing and watch how the contestants evolve over the course of the show -- and try not to get too invested in wanting a specific person to win.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't hear about a lot of phones being damaged from people falling, but I also don't hear about little green unicorns, either! Maybe I am just out of the loop!
    A telephone can get damaged falling out of your pocket or purse. I have seen damaged phones close to the curb and smashed. So someone dropped it getting out of a vehicle and someone else ran over it. A vehicle accident could also cause damage to a phone and other things and people. So ... a paper back-up is a good idea in my opinion.

Unicorns are not little or green. tsk, tsk ... you certainly are out of the loop.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hubby and I keep our own and each others' info on our devices — and a hard copy for both of us in our wallets. This came in very handy during hubby's recent ER adventure. :/
    Having one info list on or even in the frig too is good because the paramedics know to look for info there. Paramedics also have lots of questions ... so if you can give them a sheet of paper that answers most of the questions ... it saves time. If you show them your devices ... they than have to copy it ... that is ... write it down ... correct?

Also ... things are more technical now ... and I started doing this years ago ... but my way still works ... and in the case of an EMP ... hopefully paper and pencil will still work too.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My smartphone is backed up nightly to my computer . . . so unless I drop my computer ON my smartphone and break both, I'm good!
    prhoshay, Ellen and GabbyG like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I know TV talk is not allowed here but where else can I ask this:

I wonder why a huge percentage of reality show viewers seem to be women over men. In that case I'd be in the minority. Just wondering.
    Sticker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    iphones are broken so frequently that there are mall kiosks to repair them. One of my grandsons works in one.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ask him about falls!

As in "people falling" and breaking them, which is what was implied in the initial post that kicked off this madness. I understand the phones crashing to the ground, but I contend that it is usually from people "playing" with them too much....as in always holding them; my son wrecks several phones/year from dropping them. He can't understand why that has never happened to me! I can keep a phone (the same phone) for YEARS. I do not have a freak, tactile relationship with my phone.

And Echo, you're right, I've not seen many unicorns. I think I must live in a bad neighborhood, or something!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-06-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread