+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Great de-stressing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ellen, It's still hot here too, (NC). It's supposed to be in the 80's for the next couple of days. Actually, it's normally so warm around here that I leave at least a couple pair of shorts and tank tops out year round. I have gone to pick out our Christmas tree before in shorts and t-shirt! And some years it's snowing!

I was in San Deigo many years ago. It brings back fond memories. I'd like to return some day.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yesterday after work, I did some archery target practice. I haven't been able to do it for several months because it's been too darn hot outside but now that the weather is cooler, I'm hoping to start getting more practice in.

I was extremely rusty at first. I only got three arrows on the target in the first batch. However, after a couple more batches, I got a bullseye! I've only gotten a bullseye one other time before.
    Hyper and coltnlasma like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Pikachu, that's impressive. You must have excellent vision and very steady hands. Do you compete?

I tried archery at camp one summer when I was about 12. It whipped my butt!!!! I've always had lousy arm/hand strength, so it didn't really attract me. Had I stuck with it, no telling how much better off I would have been. Of course, the lousy hand and arm strengths did lead me to learn about leverage and workable gadgets! See......a door shuts and a window opens!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does anyone know if those getting social security checks will get them in light of the government shut down?

I'm pretty sure they said the would get their money on the news last night.
    Debb70 likes this.

CNN had a list and that was on it Debb
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Pikachu, that's impressive. You must have excellent vision and very steady hands. Do you compete?
    No, I don't compete. I only started doing archery at the beginning of the year. I had gotten to try it in PE in middle school and really liked it so when I started my diet this year and started looking for exercise I could do and enjoy, I decided to practice archery.

Actually, my vision isn't all that good. From doing data entry all the time and being on the computer, I can see better closer up than farther away. And I didn't have my glasses on last night. I still haven't gotten the hang of aiming by sight so I try to focus more on keeping the arrow level with the ground. I just got lucky last night when I got the bullseye. I was distracted by a car when I let the arrow go and thought I was aimed a little too far to the left so I was surprised when it hit right in the center.

I wish I had a better spot to practice. I usually practice on an empty lot at the end of my street. It has a deep ditch for drainage so I set the target up on top of the ridge and then I get in the lower area. Any arrows that miss the target hit the hill, making it easier to retrieve them. Last night, a city utilities car was parked in the area and I was afraid they would tell me I couldn't be doing my archery there so I went to an area where new apartments are being put up.

I'd prefer to have an indoor shooting range so I could practice no matter what the weather is like. Unfortunately, the indoor range I took a lesson at is on the other side of town. Plus it costs $15 an hour, if you bring your own equipment. I can practice outside for free and don't have to go clear across town to do it.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know if those getting social security checks will get them in light of the government shut down?
    I think what I read was that they would not be processing any new SS claims.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread