+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

JK, I get ya. I'm stressed seven ways from Sunday about work, family and health. I only WISH it were cold. At best, we'll hit 67 for a low in the middle of the night. I'm sick of sweating and having 10 to 12 mosquito bites a day. So count your self lucky on one point and bundle up!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I've been stressing myself so much today that now, my head hurts.

So I need to just relax.
    You might want to look into meditation some time, JK, even if it sounds a little hokey and new age-ish at first. My parents are Transcendental Meditators and introduced me to it at such a young age that I rebelled against it but when trying to balance my own stress I came back to it.

Just a thought to try on sometime for anyone who feels obstacles to tempering internal stress.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I think are stinkbugs are having group meetings outside my window screens.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I've been stressing myself so much today that now, my head hurts.

So I need to just relax. I don't know. It's too cold outside to go out now. It's not summer anymore. Maybe watch a movie or something.
    Is cold here( well cooler) I just bundled up to take the dogs out .I took three or 4 deep cleansing breaths and feel so much better .I am glad I have dogs it makes me go out. If I think about it, when I am down, I don't want to bother to bundle up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's still summer here at 85°F this afternoon — "shorts and fip-flop" weather to be sure at the Encinitas Lima Bean Festival!
    Encinitas festival fetes lowly lima bean | UTSanDiego.com
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Thank you for all of your responses.

As of now, my headache is mostly cured.

But I feel very strange today. I feel like not myself.

JohnnyK, I agree with Fanny Mare about pushing yourself out the door. What physical activities do you enjoy? I burn off stress mowing our lawn. My husband has no complaints. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he purposely stresses me sometimes.
    Hyper and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    JohnnyK, I agree with Fanny Mare about pushing yourself out the door. What physical activities do you enjoy? I burn off stress mowing our lawn. My husband has no complaints. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he purposely stresses me sometimes.
    LOL- he knows how to get things done
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I agree with these ladies too JK. Best thing for depression/stress, etc, is to get out and move your body. It creates natural endorphins which elevates your mood pretty quickly. There are so many times I walk in to the gym feeling blah, but by the time I am half way through my work out, I feel like a totally different person. It's hard to start, but once you do, it's hard to stop!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

As we are adapting to our new lives without our Yorkie, I've decided to take advantage of the freedom to travel with my husband on business trips. We went to Denver a couple of weeks ago, and just got back from Palm Desert, California yesterday. While he was in his convention for two full days, I spent one afternoon going to re-watch "Prisoners," and the second day I drove about 90 miles to Knott's Berry Farm to meet Jim Shore at a signing event.

Jim designs lovely figurines (mainly Christmas), and I add to my collection every year. To get to meet him, thank him for creating such beautiful pieces, and have him sign my three newest ones was so fun. He is a genuinely nice man, and I met a lovely young woman in line who made the 2-hour wait just fly by.

We may be headed back to Denver in a few weeks. Have suitcase, will travel!

+ Reply to Thread