+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

When I was in high school (early-70s) "hot pants" were in. I still have my first driver's license... at 16 I was 5'8" and weighed 118 lbs. I have always had abnormally long legs, so I rocked those hot pants. Luckily we have a fairly strict dress code at our middle school which isn't to say they don't try to push the envelope.
    Count your blessings!

I loved hot pants. Love love love. I also loved the mini skirt
    Ellen and AJane like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My sister and I were waitresses at that time. Pictures of us in our mini-waitress uniforms are hysterical! No wonder we got such good tips.
    Count your blessings!

I hate to say it but I think part of that is also pop culture (music in particular). My parents got off so lucky because I was in school during the Seattle-grunge period, so it was jeans and plaid shirts for us!! Now I think of the young stars and what they are wearing and I can see it. Even Taylor Swift who appears to be a bit more conservative wears the real short shorts.

I have the same issue someone mentioned above - my daughter is easily a foot taller than anyone else in her class. She is also super skinny. I have to get her skinny jeans but because she is so skinny they don't look tight or provocative. She has not come out with the "wanting to look like a streetwalker" yet, but she is 5. She does already have very definite opinions on what she does and does not want to wear. I can't wait until she is teenager (not)! My son is the complete opposite - as long as there is something green on his outfit, he is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My sister and I were waitresses at that time. Pictures of us in our mini-waitress uniforms are hysterical! No wonder we got such good tips.
    I came to Canada in 1970.I had no idea the area we lived in was sort of retirement place , so when I wore my dress, one lady asked if I had forgotten my pants ( as in pant suit) .I left the UK with all my dresses, hot pants that were so in style and lived in a place for the newly wed and nearly dead .Thank goodness that area has changed
    -Andy Rooney-

I was too chunky as a kid to dress like a charlie's angel....unique era.
    You can do it!

I was so darned short & tiny back then that short skirts or hot pants were never all that "hot" on me.
    Even now, I bought a pair of capris one time simply because other people look so cute & stylish in them & wore them with a nice shirt to work. No kidding, I got laughed at. I was told they made me look like part of my legs were missing. I looked like I was wearing shorts that were the wrong size.

Short legs just aren't fashionable.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have heard great things about the neti pot. I know it sounds crazy, but just the thought of it, makes me a little ill. I guess you get used to it. PLUS, you get the benefit of feeling better, so, better just get over it, right?
    I had to go back a few pages to find this post. Just wanted to say that I was in complete agreement with Debb. But, I have been miserable with sinus problems all week so today I broke down and bought a Neti pot. I boiled the water and read all the instructions 3 times. I stared at the pot for ages. Then I went and watched a You Tube video. Finally, I ran out of excuses and actually used it. Oh my!! I feel so much better! Thank you all for giving me the shove I needed to try it!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I hate to say it but I think part of that is also pop culture (music in particular). My parents got off so lucky because I was in school during the Seattle-grunge period, so it was jeans and plaid shirts for us!! Now I think of the young stars and what they are wearing and I can see it. Even Taylor Swift who appears to be a bit more conservative wears the real short shorts.
    For my teenager, it's a fashion thing. If the Amish look was in, she'd be wearing it. My tween also loves fashionable clothes but she's more self-conscious. It's kind of a moot point for us, anyway - their schools have dress codes and they are enforced, though they're not unreasonably strict (no short-shorts, no bared midriffs, no low-slung jeans for boys). So, both my girls live in jeggings.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I had to go back a few pages to find this post. Just wanted to say that I was in complete agreement with Debb. But, I have been miserable with sinus problems all week so today I broke down and bought a Neti pot. I boiled the water and read all the instructions 3 times. I stared at the pot for ages. Then I went and watched a You Tube video. Finally, I ran out of excuses and actually used it. Oh my!! I feel so much better! Thank you all for giving me the shove I needed to try it!
    good for you. It does feel good doesn't it?
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread