+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6190Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I totally agree, myrosiedog. If she makes a negative comment about a T-shirt or something you say/drink, just take it with a grain of salt and tell her that you occasionally swear, wear rock T-shirts and have a cocktail every now and again. Then the ball's in her court...but if, even after knowing all this, she's still a drag/burden to be around, just start being "busy" when she calls. Or simply tell her that you feel that she is judging you and that you don't think that's a very Christian trait.

just found this on the web,

if you love A Christmas Story, you'll love this.

A Christmas Story in 30 seconds, by bunnies.

"http://www.starz.com/features/christmasstory/"

copy between the quotes and paste in your browser

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Adorable! And I didn't shoot my eye out!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks. That was so cute.

Hey, for those of you who are touting the Emergen-C and Airborne, will they work after an illness has already hit you? I felt fine yesterday, but this morning was an entirely different story. I haven't stopped sneezing since I woke up, and I think someone packed cotton into my head somehow.

Anyway, it sucks and I just don't feel like being sick anymore. And DayQuil isn't working.

MRD
    Go get the Trimune. I swear that stuff has worked after I have started getting sick. I got it at Walgreens. Hope you feel better soon.

LOVED the bunnies. That is my favorite Christmas movie and no, I didn't shoot my eye out either. But I did shoot myself in the leg once with my very own red ryder BB gun when I was about 10. It's hard to believe there was a time when every kid in my neighborhood had a BB gun and we were allowed to play with them running and biking all over the neighborhood. Good lord, now we'd be seen as some sort of gang.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I took an Airborne tablet dissolved in orange juice (which I don't recommend-find some water ) at the airport in Dallas because I felt feverish and had a sore throat. By the time I got to my destination an hour or so later, I felt fine. I swear by the stuff now, either before or during a cold.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Ah, good to hear! Thank you!

Amanda, the first time I tried the Emergen-C, I'd been sick a couple of days, and within a few hours I felt great. It never worked as well since, but I do think it has made cold symptoms less severe. This is my first time with the Airborne, and even though I began drinking it (the orange is vile, try the grapefruit flavor) when I began feeling sick, I'm still a bit sick. But probably not nearly as bad as it could be. I've never tried the Trimune (yet) so I can't speak for it.

But the main ingredient in both the emergen-C and the airborne is Vitamin C. Like, 1,000 mg of it per dose, plus other things (like zinc and echinacea, which are supposed to be good for colds). So it certainly can't hurt to try one (or all ) of these -- I'm pretty sure my colds would be worse without them.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2182582;
    When I was on weight watchers, I would take a chocolate graham cracker. Break it in half, put cool whip on one side, top with other cracker. Wrap and freeze. VIOLA! Ice cream sandwiches.
    Ooo, I need to try this when I feel a chocolate/tequila craving coming on.

+ Reply to Thread