+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5866Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Jezebella - sorry I spelled your screen name incorrectly on our picture. If you posted more, that wouldn't have happened. LOL.

And, yes, everyone . . . when we got together, we discussed FoRT - and Survivor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Jezebella - sorry I spelled your screen name incorrectly on our picture. If you posted more, that wouldn't have happened. LOL.

And, yes, everyone . . . when we got together, we discussed FoRT - and Survivor!!!
    Cool!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I think it's wonderful you two met up!
    My favorite part of the Neti Pot is how it relieves my itchy eyes when I have allergies. It goes right up into the tear ducts and rinses everything out.
    We had our Parents' Night tonight at the middle school where I work. One mother was wearing a t-shirt with a fully naked lady sitting in a giant martini glass. I swear to God.
    AZChristian, what a great story about you and your friend! How fun was that!

The neti pot is on my list of things to get. Perhaps I'll do it this weekend.

Gutmutter, your description of the lady at the school event wearing a t-shirt with a naked lady in a cocktail didn't surprise me. I see stuff like that all the time.
    Due to my line of work, I'm in court a lot. I see things that just make me shake my head and laugh. As I stand in the security line, I observe and wonder what some people are thinking as they get up in the morning and plan their attire for court. If you were going to go before a judge to hear your child custody case, your drunk driving charge or just a speeding ticket, would you really dress like a street walker? I see tube tops with no bras, middrift tops showing bare bellies, short shorts, flip flops, halter tops, t-shirts with all kinds of obscene slogans or designs of drugs, weapons, etc. It boggles the mind that so many people think these items are just fine for court. lol (There are signs on most of the courtrooms barring low hanging pants on men and caps.)

I'm getting a new experience now that my grandkids are living with us. The 6 year old told me she wanted high heels and I told her that they don't make high heels for 6 year olds. Well, I was dropping the girls off on picture day when lo and behold, along comes a girl who looked to be 8 or 9 with high heels, a tight black (looked like leather, but I wasn't close enough to really tell) skirt and a sparkly top. She honestly looked like a street walker. Made me wonder how to keep my girls innocent when they encounter that every day. Also made me wonder what kind of parent allows their daughter to dress like that??
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Clueless ones.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Your overreaction and panic is not surprising. Do you, honestly, think we'd all recommend it and be doing this if that was what it felt like? Why would people describe it as soothing? What you describe is anything BUT soothing. It's not the forceful injection of cold water into your sinuses; it's the warm, gentle pouring flow of saline in one side, and it flows out the other side.
    Exactly!! I learned the hard way that it is the salt packet that makes all the difference. I tried it once without the packet and wooh! I will never do that again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm getting a new experience now that my grandkids are living with us. The 6 year old told me she wanted high heels and I told her that they don't make high heels for 6 year olds. Well, I was dropping the girls off on picture day when lo and behold, along comes a girl who looked to be 8 or 9 with high heels, a tight black (looked like leather, but I wasn't close enough to really tell) skirt and a sparkly top. She honestly looked like a street walker. Made me wonder how to keep my girls innocent when they encounter that every day. Also made me wonder what kind of parent allows their daughter to dress like that??
    Some times the parents don't dress much differently. My kids had a preschool prom in the spring (cutest thing you ever saw)! One of the moms came in with biker shorts and a sheer skirt over the top, thigh high leather boots and a tank top cut down to there! At a preschool prom. I wondered if she was heading out to work afterwards! Her daughter always seemed a little "rough" for a 6 year old too, so it does rub off on the kids.

The good news is that presumably the girl you are describing is the exception, not the rule. I refuse to let my daughter wear shoes with heels - or even flip flops. Their feet are still developing and I only let them wear good shoes with good support! Clothes - yeah I struggle with those sometimes. I have discovered that stores like Target and JCPenney can give into the fads and some of their stuff I won't let my kids wear. But their stuff is also not as good quality. I would much rather pay a bit more for Carters and OshKosh and know that my kids will get good wear out of them - and I think they do a good job with age appropriate clothes!

Lil Bit, ref. the children dressed like you know what.... Well, don't get me started. I'm afraid it's one of my pet peeves. I think it's ridiculous when you go shopping for a toddler and have to pass on half the options because they look like they are going to party at a nightclub. I don't get it, but many kids I see dress that way. Their parents allow it. Obviously, their parents have no problem with it. For the ones in my family, I try to buy appropriate and lovely clothing and give it as a gift with hopes they will see the difference and allow the child to wear it over the trashy clothing and high heels.

Some schools have dress codes that cover it. Others have codes, but not for shoes.

My niece has heels and jewelry for play dress up and she loves it. I'm afraid she's going to break her neck, but it's not my call. She's only 3.

My niece has heels and jewelry for play dress up and she loves it. I'm afraid she's going to break her neck, but it's not my call. She's only 3.
    My granddaughter does as well, the heels are not really high heels , Disney makes them- she does wear mums shoes when she isn't looking and in those she could do damage. I always had heels and bangles etc for dress up when I was a kid..better than sitting in front of the goggle box( TV ) non stop
    When I was 13 I had what they called kitten heels, so tiny, but made me feel vey glam, but they were never allowed at school.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My daughter's cousin gave her a pair of open toed, high heeled, sling back black dress shoes one time. Daughter was going into 7th grade of Jr High. She wanted to wear them to school. I told her they weren't appropriate for school, but when we went somewhere where we got dressed up, then she could wear them there.
    Well, one day shortly after, I was straightening things up & moved her school backpack, which was partially opened. The shoes fell out. She had been sneaking them to school & changing into them there.

I got a scissors & called her into her room & asked her to sit on the bed. I picked up the backpack & pulled out the shoes & said innocently "look what I found in there". I then took the scissors & cut the back straps in half. Then I cut down the front of the shoes & out the toes. I gave them to her & calmly said "That's what I think of your decision to sneak those shoes out to school". "You pull any stunt like that again & the result will be worse. More clothes will go." Then I just walked out of the room.

I periodically checked her backpack after that for "unauthorized" clothes, although I never told her I did. Apparently it worked, because she always wore appropriate clothes after that.
    Although, as she got older, jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, & sneakers had become her near always attire. So that kind of solved the problem in itself.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread