+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5866Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I use the neti pot in the month of April. Ex husband uses it year round.

If you get sinus eye pain, you will do anything...it works.
    You can do it!

Another key to using the neti pot is to Relax..... I love mine.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've been on FoRT for several years now, and have enjoyed getting to know lots of new folks.

Last year, I made a comment that prompted another FoRTer to send me a private message because of a shared incident regarding a sports team. After a couple of notes back and forth, we realized that we knew each other! We went to the same junior high school, although we didn't know each other then. Several years later, however, we met at an office where we both worked; we subsequently both went to work for another company (all of this was during the 70s and 80s).

I'm accompanying my husband on a business trip this week, and knew we would be fairly close to where my friend now lives. So today we met for lunch, after not seeing each other for about 30 years. It was as though we just saw each other yesterday. It was wonderful fun.

Thanks to the "powers that be" who run FoRT for helping us to renew an old friendship.

Jezebel and AZChristian
    OldFriends.jpg
    Ellen, pikachu, shyra and 10 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

What a wonderful story! I'm so happy you two got to reconnect.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

How cool is that AZ! It's so nice to reconnect with old friends
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I believe all of you, I do. I think part of my hesitation is that it reminds me of that feeling you get when you dive into a pool and that water goes into your nose and it hurts real bad up into your sinuses. Do you know what I mean? I have to just past my mental hangups about it.
    Your overreaction and panic is not surprising. Do you, honestly, think we'd all recommend it and be doing this if that was what it felt like? Why would people describe it as soothing? What you describe is anything BUT soothing. It's not the forceful injection of cold water into your sinuses; it's the warm, gentle pouring flow of saline in one side, and it flows out the other side.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But if you haven't done it before - people tend to think the worst . I understand that, I have used it for some time, I don't remember being real confident when I first used it though.

I have to just past my mental hangups about it.
    you will Debb, in your own time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow, AZ. That is so great. Thank you for sharing your old friends-friends again story with us.

Hugs to you ... and jezebel too!

It just shows to go you ... it is a small world!
    Ellen, Jezebella and AZChristian like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think it's wonderful you two met up!
    My favorite part of the Neti Pot is how it relieves my itchy eyes when I have allergies. It goes right up into the tear ducts and rinses everything out.
    We had our Parents' Night tonight at the middle school where I work. One mother was wearing a t-shirt with a fully naked lady sitting in a giant martini glass. I swear to God.
    Count your blessings!

It was just as AZ said; even though we haven't seen one another for 30 years, it was just as though we'd only been apart for a day or so. It was amazing to reconnect with her after all these years. I even got to say hello to her husband on her phone.

Can't wait till we do this again!
    shyra, echo226 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread